How to update your Amazon Firestick
- You can update your
AmazonFirestick through the Settings menu.
- Your Firestick should be checking for
updatesevery day, but the Settings menu lets you update it manually.
- Keeping your Firestick updated is important for keeping your data secure and receiving new features.
By default, your Firestick should check for updates automatically every day. But if you want to check for updates yourself, you just need to open the Settings menu.
How to update your Amazon Fire Stick
1. Turn on your Firestick and get to the home screen, then select the Settings option - depending on your Firestick, it might just look like a gear icon.
2. In Settings, scroll and click on the My Fire TV tab. On some Firesticks, you might see Device or System instead.
3. In the menu that opens, click About and then scroll down to Check for Updates. You'll see a note on the right side of the page telling you what version of the OS your Firestick is running, and the last time it checked for an update.
4. Click Check for Updates to see if your device is up to date. If an Install Update option appears, it means that there's an update available for you. If it just says Your Fire TV is up to date, you're running the latest software.
5. If the Install Update option appears, select it. Your Firestick should turn off, and then turn back on a few minutes later with the update installed.
Taylor Lyles contributed to a previous version of this article.How to reset your Amazon Firestick to factory settings and fix nearly any bugHow to pair an Amazon Fire Stick remote with your Fire Stick, and add up to 7 remotes to your systemHow to restart your Amazon Fire Stick in 3 different waysHow to use Amazon Watch Party to stream Prime Video movies and shows remotely with friends and family
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries
- Commercial LPG prices hiked by ₹209 across India
- The phenomenon behind tumultuous prices
- RBI extends deadline to exchange, deposit Rs 2,000 notes till Oct 7
- Explained: TCS on your child's overseas education and mitigating strategies