How to use AirPlay on a Roku player to stream content from an Apple device
- You can use
AirPlayto stream content to your Rokufrom an Appledevice.
- AirPlay and Roku are compatible on most media apps, like Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Spotify, Apple Music, and more.
- Before you use AirPlay, make sure your Apple device and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and check that your
Roku TVhas AirPlay turned on.
AirPlay, a useful casting feature on Apple products, allows you to cast media from your Apple device to many different Roku models. That means that you can display videos, photos, and other media on your TV, even if the casting feature isn't working or isn't available.
Not every Roku device supports AirPlay. If you want to use it, you'll need a supported model:
- Roku TV models Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, or 7xxxx
- Streambar model 9102
- Smart Soundbar models 9100 or 9101
- Roku Ultra models 4640, 4660, 4662, 4661, 4670, or 4800
- Roku Premiere models 3820, 4620, or 4630
- Streaming Stick models 3810 or 3811
How to use AirPlay on your Roku
1. Make sure your Apple device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku TV.
2. Check that AirPlay is turned on on your Roku device:
- In the Roku home menu, scroll down to Settings.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down and select "Apple AirPlay and HomeKit."
- Ensure that AirPlay is set to "On."
3. On your Apple device, find the song, video, photo, podcast, or other media you'd like to stream to your TV.
4. The next step changes depending on what app you're trying to stream from. Here are some of the most common examples:
1. Tap the "Devices" button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
2. In the "Listening On" menu, tap "AirPlay or Bluetooth."
3. Tap the name of your Roku TV.
On the Photos app:
1. Tap the "Share" button in the bottom left corner.
2. Scroll down on the Share menu until you see AirPlay, and tap it.
3. Tap the name of your TV in the pop-up.
On the Apple Music app:
1. Tap the AirPlay button at the bottom center of the screen (the icon looks like three concentric circles with a triangle underneath).
2. Tap the name of your device.
On Hulu, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, and other mobile streaming apps:
1. On the mobile app, begin playing the video you want to watch.
2. Tap the AirPlay icon on the top of the video screen (the icon looks like a square with a triangle underneath it).
3. In the pop-up, select your Roku device from the list of compatible AirPlay devices.
Unfortunately, you can no longer use AirPlay to stream content from Netflix.
If you're having trouble and your Roku device isn't displaying on the AirPlay menu, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your Roku device is one of the models listed at the beginning of this article.
- Make sure your Apple device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
- Make sure AirPlay is turned on on your Roku device.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Unlike millennials, GenZ employees don’t want to quit but want fewer working hours
- IIT Bombay and JSW Group to establish a technology hub for steel manufacturing
- Realme 9i 5G Review - 5G Upgrade With Cosmetic Changes
- Top 5 automatic cars under ₹10 lakh in India
- India's demand for the yellow metal rises 43% in Q2: World Gold Council