How to use PowerPoint Designer to create professionally designed slideshow presentations
- You can use
PowerPointDesigner to create presentationsthat look professionally designed.
- PowerPoint Designer uses artificial intelligence to suggest layouts, images, and designs to improve your deck.
- You need to have a
Microsoft365 subscription to use PowerPoint Designer in the desktop app.
PowerPoint Designer, also called PowerPoint
What PowerPoint Designer can do for youThis feature can help improve your PowerPoint decks in three important ways:
- Design schemes. PowerPoint Designer can suggest a variety of design schemes for your deck that carry across each slide. There are a lot of options to choose from, so your deck won't look like a "cookie cutter" slideshow.
- Attractive slide layout options. The feature can analyze each slide and make suggestions for better ways to present your text and graphics. For example, it can convert a list of dates into a timeline, or take a bulleted list and display it as SmartArt.
- Illustration suggestions. PowerPoint Designer's AI engine reviews the text in your slides for keywords and suggests illustrations and other graphics that reflect your intent. It can rapidly create a visual theme for your slides with just a click that would otherwise be very time- and research-intensive.
How to get PowerPoint DesignerPowerPoint Designer is integrated into the
If you have a Microsoft 365 subscription, here's how to enable the feature:
- In the PowerPoint desktop app, click "File," and then click "Options."
- In the "PowerPoint Options" dialog box, make sure you're on the "General" tab and then find PowerPoint Designer. Click both checkboxes to enable the feature's ability to make suggestions.
- Click "OK" to close the "Options" window.
- If the Design Ideas pane isn't open, click "Design" in the ribbon and then click "Design Ideas" in the Design ribbon. The pane should now appear.
How to use PowerPoint Designer on the desktop app, mobile app, or website
Accessing PowerPoint Designer is the same whether you're using a Mac or PC computer, iPad, Android, or Windows tablet, or PowerPoint Online.
- If it's not already open, display the Design Ideas pane on the right side of the screen by clicking "Design Ideas" in the ribbon. You can find it in the "Design" tab.
- If this is the first time you're using PowerPoint Designer, you might need to enable it. If requested, click "Turn on" or "Let's go" from the PowerPoint Designer introductory window.
- Once enabled, it will automatically populate the pane on the right based on what you enter into the current slide. If you're on the title side, you might see suggested images and deck styles. On a slide within the deck, you might see suggestions for ways to display bulleted lists, timelines, and SmartArt, for example.
- Scroll through the suggestions and click the one you want to use.
- If you change your mind, click a different suggestion, or press CTRL + Z on the keyboard to restore your original slide.
- India records highest single-day rise of 2,61,500 COVID-19 cases and 1,501 deaths
- Odisha halts COVID-19 vaccination drive in 1,035 sites due to its acute shortage
- All Migrant workers coming to Uttar Pradesh to be quarantined
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS updated with M1 chip support
- GoaMiles, a new state-backed cab aggregator service in tourists' hub has the taxi drivers on strike for 10 days