How to use RTT on an iPhone to get real-time text messaging during calls
RTTfeature on an iPhonesends text messages immediately as you type them without requiring you to hit send.
- RTT, or real-time text, is built into the iPhone 6 and later, and can be enabled through the Accessibility menu in your Settings app.
- iPhone users with RTT enabled will have the transcripts from their RTT calls saved and made available for download.
Real-time text is an advanced accessibility protocol for people with speech and hearing difficulties. It transmits text and audio as you type and talk, allowing the receiver to read the message instantly.Designed for phone users who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech-related impairments, but usable by anyone, it comes standard on all iPhone models 6 and higher.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
Once on, you can communicate with other RTT or teletypewriter (TTY) device users.
How to enable RTT on an iPhone1. Open your Settings app.
2. Either use the Search tool or scroll until you see Accessibility. Tap on it.3. Select RTT/TTY from the list of options.
4. Turn on Software RTT/TTY.
5. Choose a line if your iPhone has Dual SIM.
6. Tap Relay Number then enter the number used for relay service calls when you use Software RTT/TTY.7. Enable Answer All Calls as RTT/TTY. Then confirm your decision to have calls automatically answered as RTT instead of voice calls.
8. Tap the toggle for Send Immediately to turn on sending characters as you type them.
How to start an RTT/TTY call on an iPhone
1. In the Phone app, tap the number of the contact you wish to call.2. Tap RTT/TTY Call or RTT/TTY Relay Call when prompted.
Quick tip: If RTT is supported by your carrier, your iPhone will default to RTT protocol once the call begins.
How to type text on an iPhone during an RTT/TTY callTo send a text during an RTT/TTY, type it out as you would a text message in the call field. If Send Immediately is switched on, the recipient will see each character as you type.
If it's switched off, tap the arrow symbol in the message window to send your communication. Finally, if you'd like to send audio, simply tap the microphone symbol and begin speaking.
How to review the transcript of an RTT call on an iPhone1. Open the Phone app. 2. In the Recents tab, scroll until you locate the RTT/TTY call you want a transcript for.
3. On the call line, tap the Info symbol, which looks like the letter "i" in a circle.
4. Tap the Download icon in the upper-right corner and follow the remaining prompts.What is an RTT call? How the text accessibility feature lets you send real-time text messages What is alt text? How to use the page element for images to improve your website's accessibility and search ranking A guide to text-to-speech, the popular accessibility feature that lets your computer, phone, or tablet read to you How to get a Windows computer to read text aloud to you using 2 built-in screen-reading tools
- Facebook’s first smart glasses in partnership with Ray-Ban are coming soon but don’t get too excited yet
- Shortform apps to take over second spot in users time spent after Internet giants like Facebook and Google: RedSeer
- OPINION: Rupee exchange rate against the Euro may improve to 86 in the near term
- Mortgage startup Easy has raised $15 million to provide quick home loans in a matter of days
- Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem IPO makes strong listing on exchanges with 100% premium, shares open at ₹2,111