How to use the Apple Notes app on iCloud and sync your notes across all of your devices
- You can use Notes on iCloud through your
iPhone, iPad, or Mac, or in a browser using iCloud's website, to create, edit, and view synced notes.
- To see your notes on the iCloud website, you need to enable note syncing using the Settings app on each of your
- To view, create, and edit Notes in iCloud, open the iCloud website and start the Notes web app.
If you enable Notes in iCloud, those notes will automatically stay in sync across all your devices, and you can read or edit those notes in the Notes app on any of your devices or in a web browser.
1. You should start by making sure you're syncing Notes with all your Apple devices.
3. Tap "iCloud."
4. In the list of apps using iCloud, make sure that Notes is on by swiping the button to the right.
How to sync Notes using iCloud on a Mac
1. Open the System Preferences app on your Mac computer.
2. At the top of the System Preferences window, click on the "Apple ID" icon beside your name.
3. Click on iCloud from the menu at the left side of the Apple ID screen.
4. On the right side, scroll down until you see Notes, and click the checkbox beside it. This will sync the Notes app on your Mac to iCloud and to all your other devices.
Note: If you don't want to sync notes with a particular device, swipe the button to the left. You'll need to confirm you want to do this, and then all notes will be deleted from this device. After that, you can create notes on that device, but they won't sync with the iCloud service or any of your other devices. To start syncing, you can simply turn Notes on again.
How to use Notes on the iCloud website
You aren't limited to writing, editing, and reading notes in the Notes app on your Apple devices; you can do it in a browser on any computer as well.
1. Open iCloud.com in a web browser and sign in with your Apple ID if necessary.
2. Click "Notes."
3. You should now see a list of all the notes that are syncing from your devices. Click a note from the list and you can start adding text or editing that note.
You can use the toolbar at the top of the Notes webpage to edit your notes as well. The first icon lets you create a new note, while the other three icons let you edit a note by adding a table, adding a checkbox, and formatting text. In addition, there's a trash icon to delete the current note at the far right of the toolbar.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- The state of Uttar Pradesh and how it’s been feeding Facebook ad revenues
- Oscar winner A R Rahman says India should tell 'West stories' from its own narrative
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 expected to retain the clamshell design and offer a more powerful processor
- Supreme Court dismisses review petitions filed by Cyrus Investments in Tata vs Cyrus Mistry
- Sony’s all-new PlayStation 5 model was spotted in Japan featuring updated radio equipment