No, Twitter doesn't send notifications when you take fleet screenshots — here's what you need to know
- Twitter doesn't notify users when you take screenshots of their fleets.
- You can take screenshots of anyone's fleets without having to worry about them knowing.
- On the flip side, however, this means you won't get a notification when someone screenshots your fleets.
Fleets are Twitter's answer to Instagram Stories — they're temporary tweets that appear on your profile and at the top of the Twitter app, but disappear after 24 hours.
They're meant, Twitter has said, "for sharing momentary thoughts" and are intended to live "just for a moment in time."But don't let fleets' ephemeral nature deceive you: Anyone can take a screenshot of your fleet and you won't be notified that it's been captured.
Twitter does not notify users of fleet screenshots — here's what to knowIn short: if you or another person takes a screenshot of a fleet, no notifications will be sent. This means that you can screenshot other users' fleets without issue, but people can save yours as well.
Twitter hasn't mentioned this screenshotting feature (or lack thereof) at all. However, users noticed quickly, and they've been quick to point out that a fleet can't be temporary if anyone can save it with a screenshot.One Twitter user tweeted a sort of public service announcement, warning creatives to watermark anything they choose to fleet because others can save and take it for themselves easily.
— MΞCHΛ RJ (@spininfinite) November 18, 2020
This lack of notifications makes Twitter stand out from other apps that have "Stories." Snapchat, for example, notifies you if someone takes a screenshot of your content on the app, including stories.Like Twitter, Instagram doesn't notify for story screenshots, but it does notify for screenshots of photos and videos sent through direct messages, which Twitter does not at this time.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) is now amalgamated with DBS Bank India – fund infusion of ₹2,500 crore to follow
- Delhi CM Kejriwal directs private labs to reduce price of RT-PCR tests for COVID-19
- ZEE5 partners with XroadMedia to ramp up its hyper-personalized Video on Demand and social media services
- Rajinikanth to announce decision on active political plunge soon
- Prega News ropes in Anushka Sharma as its brand ambassador