How to recharge your FASTag using PhonePe, Google Pay and BHIM
IDFC First Bank
FASTagcan now be recharged using PhonePe, Google Pay and BHIM.
- At present, Paytm does not allow users to recharge FASTags from other banks.
Earlier, if you had a FASTag from a particular bank, you could add money to it using only that bank’s app or website. A few weeks ago, RBI announced that UPI, cards and other payment methods can be linked to FASTags, making recharges easier.
Now, popular payment apps such as PhonePe, Google Pay and BHIM can be used to recharge your FASTag. At the moment, only a few FASTag issuing banks have been listed on PhonePe and Google Pay. The remaining banks will likely be added in the coming days.
At the moment, Paytm and Airtel Payments Bank is allowing users to recharge only the FASTag issued by them.
How to use PhonePe to recharge your FASTag
At present, not all users have the option of FASTag recharge in their PhonePe app. If you haven’t received this yet, wait for some time.
- Open the PhonePe app and click on the FASTag icon.
- Now, select your FASTag issuing bank and provide the required details.
- If your FASTag issuing bank is not listed, please check again after a few days.
- Open Google Pay and click on ‘New’.
- Now, in the ‘Suggested Businesses’ section, click on ‘More’ and select ‘FASTag recharge’.
- Select your FASTag issuing bank and proceed with the recharge.
- Open BHIM app and select ‘Send’ from the home screen.
- Now, enter the NETC FASTag UPI ID as netc.VehicleNumber@BankUPIHandle.
- Click verify, enter the recharge amount and your PIN to complete the transaction.
FASTag: Govt relaxes norms for 65 high cash transaction toll plazas for 30 days
CSC inks pact with Paytm Payments Bank for sale of FASTags
1.10 cr FASTags issued till date for electronic toll collection on national highways