What is CSS? Understanding the coding language that styles a webpage beyond plain text and photos
CSSis a programming language that lets you customize the color, font, and layout of an HTML-coded website.
- CSS adds vibrancy to the online experience because without it,
websiteswould look like identical bland lines of text and images.
- There are three distinct CSS styles that you can use when designing your website.
What is CSS?CSS, or Cascading Style Sheets, is a
If you were a user in the early stages of the internet, your initial impression of website design may have been quite underwhelming. That's because CSS wasn't being used by browsers until 1996.CSS isn't the content of a website, but its visual presentation. Think of it this way: CSS is the style, and HTML is the substance.
Types of CSS styles
- Internal CSS: Also known as the "embedded" style, Internal CSS requires coding the CSS < style > tag in the < head > section of each page you're coding - the style won't be applied to an entire website. There are advantages though, as you'll also be creating a self-contained, easily previewable template for sharing.
- External CSS: This is often considered the easiest method for long-term website maintenance. All your CSS coding is done in a separate CSS file, then applied to any page you want. Site loading times might also benefit from the external style.
- Inline CSS: This style is slightly more intensive for coders, requiring each individual HTML tag to be styled. This can also be handy for minor changes and quick previews of modifications.
Benefits of CSS
- The coding language of CSS is straightforward, but customizable to an enormous degree.
- Formatting via CSS makes websites easier to navigate by placing buttons in logical places that make them more likely to get clicks.
- CSS can also eliminate having to use as many lines of code, which allows faster page loading.
- The responsive design elements of CSS make the language suitable for presentation on any size screen, from a mobile phone to a desktop.
Why CSS is importantCSS created a unified standard for designing web pages that makes the process more accessible.
It's probably best known for its user-friendliness - a coding language that no one has to be intimidated by.
- Best fitness bands for men in India in 2021
- After Google noticed a lack of diversity in most ads it surveyed, it has now launched a toolkit for marketers to help make advertising more inclusive
- Tata Motors and Tata Power have jointly set up India's largest solar carport, aims to reduce 7,000 tonnes of carbon emissions
- Best Electric Toothbrushes in India
- Top 2-ton split ACs for big rooms and halls