What is Google Sites? How to use the free website-building tool
Google Sitesis a free website builder from Google.
- You can create
websiteswith collaborators by giving another Google user edit access.
While the look or feel of Google Sites may not be quite as evolved as a Squarespace website, there are a few benefits to using the service if you want to create a simple and functional site.For starters, it's completely free. There's no limit on the number of sites you can create as long as you stay within the 15 GB storage limit on your
Google Sites' key featuresGoogle Drive into the website that you're building. And like those services, Google Sites can be built, shared, and copied between editors. This is ideal for creating a website for a work project that requires charts and tables or for an event you're planning with others.
Once you've created your website, you can customize its look and feel using the editing function.You don't need to have any background in web development or coding to make a website using Google Sites. Every function is intuitive and user friendly. You can add images, links, YouTube videos and more to your website using simple templates. Deleting and rearranging any of them takes only a few clicks.
Once a Google Site has served its purpose, you can delete it. But deleting a site isn't a permanent action. Simply go to the trash in your
Overall, Google Sites isn't as comprehensive as other website-building tools. But if you're looking for a free service for a work presentation, small business or local event, Google Sites could be exactly what you're looking for.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar