What is Nextdoor? How to use the social network for neighborhoods
Nextdooris a social platform that connects neighborsbased on their location.
- The platform allows neighbors within the same geographical area to share information and communicate.
- Similar to other social media platforms, Nextdoor also features a news feed where you can view and interact with posts made by neighbors, and even buy products and services from local businesses.
Nextdoor is generally used as a hub for making posts about finding lost keys in a local park, sharing pictures of raccoons terrorizing trash cans, or to alert others of small crimes and air grievances.
What is Nextdoor?
At its essence, Nextdoor is a social platform used to connect neighbors. Imagine a platform like Facebook, but instead of your newsfeed being filled with friends and family, it's the people who live in your
For social-distancing purposes, it's also an easy way to get to know the people around you without having face-to-face interaction.
After logging in, you'll see that people generally post neighborhood updates, missing or found pets, items for sale, and the network can be used to alert everyone about suspicious activity and small crimes.
It is also a platform where neighbors routinely ask for recommendations for home repair, real estate, and maintenance.
How to use Nextdoor
Nextdoor is a discussion-style platform where neighbors post updates, polls, events, and ask for recommendations, as well as list items for sale.Related Article Module: How to post to Nextdoor and communicate with your neighborhood
Posting a new
On the left side of the website, you can select and browse through different categories. You can search for posts about local businesses, items for sale, public agency updates, real estate listings, lost and found, public safety, and general posts.
Under the Groups tab, you can create your own group or join public groups near you.
Under the Neighbors tab, you can find neighbors based on the streets they live on, and add them to your neighbors list. You can message any neighbor that has their messages open.
The Pets tab acts as a directory for pets owned by neighbors in your area. If a pet is lost, or found, you can use this tab to find the owner based on the photo of the pet.
Your profile can be updated to include a short description of yourself, how long you've lived in the neighborhood, and what you do for work and hobbies. You can also add family members who also have Nextdoor accounts and list pets. Your profile is where you manage your for sale and free listings.
The Notifications tab will alert you to any updates in your area, whether urgent or not. You can manage how you receive notifications by going to your Nextdoor settings page for notifications.How to log into Nextdoor using the app or website How to post to Nextdoor and communicate with your neighborhood Here's what to do if your package gets stolen - and how to prevent it from happening How to track a UPS order, leave instructions for delivery, or find a missing package
- Amazon Great Freedom Festival: Top offers and deals to look forward to
- Kumar Mangalam Birla steps down as non-executive director, non-executive chairman of Vodafone Idea
- Tokyo Olympics: Indian women's hockey team loses semifinal to Argentina, will play for bronze
- ‘Bitcoin is Bitcoin’ — Jack Dorsey’s Square reports a three-fold increase in revenue from the world’s oldest cryptocurrency
- 15 small cap stocks that surged more than 100 per cent in last three months