Android 12 may bring face-based auto-rotate feature to smartphones
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 21% OFF
Wipro Smart Mid Back High Resilience Foam Home-Office Chair,Synchro tilt Mechanism,Adjustable armrest,Ergonomic Foam backrest,Waterfall Edge seat,3yr wrnty,BIFMA&Green Certified,IDM Winner(Black)₹ 9779₹ 14400Buy On
AmazonBasics Big & Tall Executive Chair (Brown, Leather)₹ 13999₹ 15995Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alen 5 Seater Fabric RHS L Shape Sofa Set (Grey)₹ 27999₹ 39000Buy On
- 16% OFF
Metallika Centerville Three Seater Sofa cum Bed with Mattress (Glossy Finish, Brown, Metal) By FurnitureKraft₹ 22589₹ 36480Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Halley 3 Seater Sofa cum Bed with Storage (Fabric, Grey)₹ 19049₹ 31500Buy On
The face-based version of Auto-Rotate to
It is possible that this face-based version of Auto-Rotate could launch as a broader Android 12 feature, but for now it will be exclusively for Pixel phones.
AdvertisementAndroid 12's developer preview release is expected to be released on February 19, while its public release is expected in early September.
Google is also planning to add double-tap gesture support for Pixel phones with Android 12.
The double tap could allow Pixel users to summon Google Assistant, it could also be used for different tasks such as dismissing a timer or snoozing an alarm.
Android 12 double-tap feature would include the ability to adjust the sensitivity to only recognise 'firm' taps.
Users can also use the gesture to take a screenshot, pause or resume media playback, open the recent apps view, and open the notification panel.
Nokia 5.4 review – this one’s for the stock Android fans on a tight budget
One Plus co-founder Carl Pei picks Android creator Andy Rubin’s Essential to put the “giant reset button” in consumer tech
Popular on BI
- HUL spent Rs 1,193 crore on advertising between October and December 2021
- Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant and Ravichandran Ashwin included in ICC Men's Test team of the Year 2021
- One in five Urban Company professionals took home at least ₹38,000 a month, claims the company
- Rythu Bandhu scheme - Telangana government deposits ₹7,400 crore into the bank accounts of 62 lakh farmers
- As tepid two wheeler sales hurt Bajaj Auto’s profitability, stock slides 4%