Android 12 may bring face-based auto-rotate feature to smartphones
The face-based version of Auto-Rotate to
It is possible that this face-based version of Auto-Rotate could launch as a broader Android 12 feature, but for now it will be exclusively for Pixel phones.
AdvertisementAndroid 12's developer preview release is expected to be released on February 19, while its public release is expected in early September.
Google is also planning to add double-tap gesture support for Pixel phones with Android 12.
The double tap could allow Pixel users to summon Google Assistant, it could also be used for different tasks such as dismissing a timer or snoozing an alarm.
Android 12 double-tap feature would include the ability to adjust the sensitivity to only recognise 'firm' taps.
Users can also use the gesture to take a screenshot, pause or resume media playback, open the recent apps view, and open the notification panel.
Nokia 5.4 review – this one’s for the stock Android fans on a tight budget
One Plus co-founder Carl Pei picks Android creator Andy Rubin’s Essential to put the “giant reset button” in consumer tech
- Women in Leadership: Past, Present & Future
- Top stocks to watch out for on March 8
- Karnataka budget 2021-22 to be presented on March 8
- Delhi Budget likely to have special allocation for free COVID vaccination at govt hospitals: Sources
- Future iPhones may arrive with Smart Magnetic Connectors, says report