Apple iPhone 11 Pro, XR could be discontinued after iPhone 12 launch
Apple may discontinue the
"They cite the availability of the more powerful iPhone SE 2020 as a better alternative rather than reducing the price of the XR again", reports iAppleTimes.
AdvertisementiPhone XR has been a hot-selling device like iPhone 11. Apple will not discontinue iPhone 11 as it has broken several records to date, and may announce further price drop on this device.
In addition, Apple may also discontinue the
Apple took a similar decision last year when it launched the iPhone 11 series as it discontinued the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Apple is expected to launch four new iPhones under the iPhone 12 series which would include two premium variants.
The iPhone 12 Pro will come in 6.1-inch or 6.7-inch sizes and may feature a high refresh-rate 120Hz ProMotion display, as presently seen on iPad Pro.
The rear camera module on the device will house four sensors with a LiDAR scanner which was introduced in the recently launched Apple iPad Pro.
AdvertisementAll four iPhone models are expected to feature OLED displays and 5G support, as famed Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo previously claimed.
- Mutant strain COVID-19 tally reaches 165 in India, says the Health Ministry
- Apple to launch its 'strict' new privacy feature in next iOS 14 beta
- Instagram launches new layout for "Stories" feature for desktop users
- Honda to export new City 2020 from India to left-hand drive markets
- WhatsApp to add additional security layer for users to link account to computers