Asus ZenFone 8 series India launch postponed due to COVID-19
Asus ZenFone 8 seriesis scheduled to be announced on May 12 in an online event.
- The company is expected to announce the ZenFone 8 and the ZenFone 8 Flip mobile series.
- The Indian launch of the device has been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
AdvertisementAsus is all set to announce its flagship ZenFone 8 series on May 12. The company is expected to announce at least two devices, the ZenFone 8 and the ZenFone 8 Flip as part of the series.
Over the past few days, there have been several leaks that have revealed some of the features of the upcoming ZenFone 8 series.
Asus has postponed the Indian launch of the ZenFone 8 series due to the surge in COVID-19 cases in the country. While the devices will be launched globally on May 12, the Indian launch has been postponed indefinitely.
“While we have been very excited to launch our new smartphones at same time as global, Asus India’s top priority in these challenging times is the safety of our customers, partners, employees and all other stakeholders in the fight against the virus,” said Dinesh Sharma, Business Head, Commercial PC and Smartphone, Asus India
Asus ZenFone 8 series – expected pricing
While there has been no confirmation from the company, the Asus ZenFone 8 series is expected to be priced above ₹60,000 in India. The device will compete with the Samsung Galaxy S21 series and the OnePlus 9 series in the country.
Asus ZenFone 8 launch event
The Asus ZenFone 8 series is set to be launched in New York, Berlin and Taipei on May 12. Asus has postponed the Indian launch of the device due to the surge in COVID-19 cases in India. The date of the Indian launch will be revealed once the situation improves in the country.
The ZenFone 8 series launch event can be watched on the company’s website.
Asus ZenFone 8 specifications
A leakster Mukul Sharma has revealed the specifications of the ZenFone 8 which was earlier believed to be launched as the ZenFone 8 Mini.
The device will run on Android 11 out of the box with ZenUI 8 on top. It will feature a 5.9-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass Victus protection and a 120Hz refresh rate.
It is expected to be powered by the Snapdragon 888 chipset coupled with up to 16GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage. It will be powered by a 4,000mAh battery with 30W fast charge support.
Coming to the optics, it is expected to feature a triple camera setup at the back with a 64MP primary camera. On the front, it is expected to sport a 12MP selfie camera.
Asus ZenFone 8 Flip specifications
The main highlight of the ZenFone 8 Flip will be its flip camera which will work both as a rear and selfie camera. It is expected to feature a 64MP primary camera, an 8MP ultra-wide angle sensor and a 12MP macro sensor.
It is expected to run on Android 11 out of the box with ZenUI 8 on top. The device will feature a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass Victus protection and a 120Hz refresh rate.
AdvertisementThe ZenFone 8 Flip is expected to be powered by the Snapdragon 888 chipset coupled with up to 8GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage.
It is expected to be powered by a 5,000mAh battery with 30W fast charge support.
We should know more about the devices when they are launched on May 12.
Smartphones launching in India in May 2021
Smartphones are back in demand as shipments grow by 25% – Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi consolidate market share
MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G-ready chipset launched in India – here’s everything you need to know
Popular on BI
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round