Samsung Galaxy M02s vs Galaxy M01s — the new Galaxy budget phone offers bigger battery, better cameras, and more
Business Insider India / Samsung
- Samsung has announced the Galaxy M02s budget smartphone in India.
- The device has been priced starting at ₹8,999 and will soon go on sale in the country.
- In this post, we compare the Galaxy M02s with the Galaxy M01s to see what’s new in the budget device from Samsung.
AdvertisementSamsung has announced its latest device in the Galaxy M series, dubbed as the Galaxy M02s in India. It is the successor of the Galaxy M01 that was launched in India in July 2020.
The Samsung Galaxy M02s features improved cameras, an all-new design, and a bigger battery than its predecessor. In this post, we take a look at what’s new in the budget Galaxy smartphone from the Korean smartphone maker.
Samsung Galaxy M02s vs Galaxy M01s: Price
|Samsung Galaxy M02s||Price||Samsung Galaxy M01s||Price|
|3GB + 32GB||₹ 8,999||3GB + 32GB||₹ 9,999|
|4GB + 64GB||₹ 9,999||-||-|
The Samsung Galaxy M02s comes in Blue, Black and Red color options. It will soon be available from Amazon India, Samsung online store, and Samsung retail stores across the country.
The Samsung Galaxy M01s is available in Gray and Light Blue color options and is available from Flipkart, Samsung online store, and Samsung retail stores across the country.
Samsung Galaxy M02s vs Galaxy M01s: Specifications
|Device||Samsung Galaxy M02s||Samsung Galaxy M01s|
|Display type||LCD||TFT LCD|
|Resolution||1560 x 720 pixels||1560 x 720 pixels|
|Android version||Android 10 with OneUI||Android 9 with OneUI|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 450||MediaTek Helio P22|
|Rear camera||13MP primary||13MP primary|
|2MP depth sensor||2MP depth sensor|
|2MP macro sensor||-|
|Selfie camera||5MP primary||8MP primary|
|Fingerprint sensor||Not present||Rear-mounted|
Samsung Galaxy M02s vs Galaxy M01s: Display
The Samsung Galaxy M02s features a 6.5-inch HD+ LCD and the Galaxy M01s features a smaller 6.2-inch HD+ TFT LCD. Both the devices feature water drop notch displays for the selfie camera.
Samsung Galaxy M02s vs Galaxy M01s: Battery
AdvertisementThe battery on the Galaxy M02s is a big improvement over the M01s. The Galaxy M02s is powered by a 5,000mAh battery with 15W adaptive fast charge support. On the other hand, the Galaxy M01s is powered by a 4,000mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy M02s vs Galaxy M01s: Design
The Samsung Galaxy M02s feature a haze and matte textured body and comes with a rectangle camera module at the back. The device offers good grip thanks to its textured body.
On the other hand, the Galaxy M01s features a plain back and comes with a dual camera module at the back. It comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor that allows you to quickly unlock the device.
Xiaomi Mi 10i vs OnePlus Nord — which is the best mid-range device for you?
Samsung Galaxy S21 series to be launched on January 14 - specs, price and everything we know so far
Lava makes a comeback with new Z-series Android smartphones, starting at ₹5,499
Popular on BI
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days