Google Pixel 4a with Snapdragon 730G to be launched in India on October 17
The company revealed the date on Twitter.
"The Pixel 4a will release in India on October 17 and will be available for purchase on Flipkart," the company said in a tweet in reply to a user.
On Wednesday, Google launched the Pixel 5 alongside the Pixel 4a 5G that is a 5G version of Pixel 4a. It is not yet clear whether the new devices will arrive in India or not.
The Pixel 4a's entry to the Indian market was confirmed in August when the phone was launched globally for $349.
However, the pricing of the device for the India market is yet to be revealed.
The smartphone features a 5.8-inch OLED display. The phone has a matte finish and includes Pixel's signature colour pop power button in mint.
Google is keeping the same camera module it used in the Pixel 3, 3A, and Pixel 4: Sony's 12MP IMX363.
The rear camera supports HDR+ with dual exposure controls, Portrait Mode, Top Shot, Night Sight with astrophotography capabilities, and fused video stabilisation.
There is also optical image stabilisation (OIS). For selfies, the phone has an 8MP camera sensor at the front, with an f/2.0 lens.
AdvertisementThe Pixel 4a is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform, Titan M security module for on-device security, 6 GB RAM and 128GB internal storage.
The smartphone houses a 3140mAh battery that supports a 18W fast charging.
In October last year, Google said Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL smartphones will not be available in India.
"We remain committed to our current Pixel phones and look forward to bringing future Pixel devices to India," a Google spokesperson had said.
Google Pixel 4 devices supported a feature ‘Motion Sense' that allowed people to use gestures to perform certain tasks that worked on a 60Hz spectrum.
AdvertisementAccording to reports, Google dropped plans of launching the Pixel 4 phones due to 60 GHz licencing issues in the country.
Google just unveiled its next major smartphone, the Pixel 5, a $700 5G phone
Popular on BI
- Dr Pepper forced to give $100K prize to BOTH contestants after boos erupt following odd tie-breaker at SEC championship halftime contest
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- 'One-trick' ponies – US, India and China markets are rallying on single narratives, investors need to be cautious, say experts
- Why data analytics is the solution for healthcare providers in the post-Covid world
- World Bank upgrades India GDP growth to 6.9% for FY23, says it has higher resilience to global shocks
- Real estate decarbonisation startup Accacia raises $2.5 million in seed round
- Google Pixel Fold, the company’s foldable phone, could soon become a reality as it appears on Geekbench ahead of its launch next year