LG Wing is a new upcoming smartphone with a futuristic T-shaped design and two screens
LG Wing phonehas been teased with a futuristic T-shaped design, featuring two screens.
- LG has released a teaser video that shows off the two screens, one of which can be rotated to form a T-shaped phone.
- The LG Wing is all set to launch on September 14, which is when the other details of the smartphone will be revealed.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
Phone companies used to come up with all sorts of crazy and prodigious designs a decade ago. From the legendary Moto Rockr to the Nokia 7600, phone companies tried a lot of designs to attract buyers. But the advent of the iPhone resulted in companies imitating the glass slab design.
Experimental phone designs are making a comeback
However, that trend is slowly changing now. Phone companies have started experimenting with foldable and dual-screen phones.
The latest in line is the LG Wing, a T-shaped swiveling smartphone that looks like something out of science fiction.
In the first teaser video posted by the company, the LG Wing is shown with two bezel-less screens. The teaser hints that at least one of these screens can be rotated, while the other remains stationary. It looks like the screen can be rotated to form a T-shape design.
“LG and platform partners feel it is vitally important to demonstrate to consumers new and differentiated user experiences in the smartphone space,” said Morris Lee, president of LG's Mobile Communications Company, in a statement.
“LG has always been a pioneer in pushing the envelope of smartphone form factors, the only way to bring about much needed innovation in the mobile market,” the company further added.
It’s very likely that the LG Wing could be way ahead of its time – after all, the world of technology involves a lot of experimentation. What seems crazy and weird now could very well become a common feature years later.
The LG Wing is all set to launch on September 14.
Samsung Galaxy M51, Realme 7 series and other upcoming smartphones in India in September
Samsung Galaxy M51 mobile with massive 7,000mAh battery announced, launching in India on September 10
Poco phones will be the first to use the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G chipset
- Microsoft acquires exclusive license for Elon Musk’s largest GPT-3 AI language model
- Mumbai suburbs witnessed over 280 mm rain in 24 hours, says IMD
- Apple’s exclusive online store in now live in India
- INTERVIEW: CAMS CEO says they are actively hiring through the pandemic
- Top stock movers — RIL, TCS, Sterling and Wilson Solar, Tata Steel, Airtel, Vodafone Idea and more