Motorola’s new smartphone targets users with flair for macro photography
- Motorola new budget smartphone, the
Motorola One Macro, launched in India today for ₹9,999.
- Motorola One Macro comes with a 2 megapixel Macro Vision camera to enhance close up photography.
- It will be on sale with Flipkart starting October 12.
The new smartphone was launched in India today and features a 2 megapixel Macro Vision camera that promises to improve macro shots.
The Motorola One Macro costs ₹9,999 and will be available to purchase from Flipkart starting October 12.
Motorola has launched one variant at a single price in a single colour — Space Blue.
As a part of its launch offer, Jio users can avail cashback of upto ₹2,200 on purchase of the phone and addition 125 GB of additional 4G data.
The highlight of the Motorola One Macro is its triple camera setup in the back. It has a 13 megapixel primary camera sensor like supports laser autofocus, phase detection autofocus and a dual LED flash. But, more importantly, it features two 2 megapixel sensors as well — one is for portraits, while the other is purely for macro shots.
Surprisingly, the front camera features more megapixels than the rear camera with a 16 megapixel sensor.
Under the hood, the Motorola One Macro is powered by MediaTek’s Helio P70 chipset and comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage. The phone allows for expansion of up to 512GB using a microSD card.
The Motorola One Macro also has a 4,000 mAh battery that supports the usual 10W charging. But, the budget smartphone does feature a USB Type-C port, which allows for faster charging than its USB Type-B counterpart.
As a part of the Android One programme, the Motorola One Macro runs on Android 9.0 out of box in its original form — no customisations or unnecessary pre-loaded apps.
The device also features a 6.2-inch HD Plus Max Vision display with a waterdrop notch up top. It doesn’t have Gorilla Glass protection but does claim an IPX2 rating which deems the Motorola One Macro splash proof.
- Former union minister Jaswant Singh passes away at 82
- Odisha man arrested for manufacturing fake Covid-19 vaccine
- J&J Covid vaccine produces strong immune response in early trials
- PM Modi at UNGA: 'How long will India be kept out of decision-making structures of UN'
- China says WHO gave support for Covid vaccine emergency use