OLED display chip shortage may impact iPhone production
According to Nikkei Asia, Samsung was forced to shut down its chip fabrication plant in Texas due to large winter storms. The plant is responsible for 5 per cent of the global supply of
As Samsung manufactured the OLED display used in
The facility also produces chips for organic light-emitting diode panels and for image sensors. The supply crunch hitting Qualcomm will affect a wide range of smartphone makers that rely on the company for key components.
Previously it was expected that Apple will not face any production hiccups due to the current chip shortage because TSMC designs and produces A-series chips used in the new iPhone 12 series, unlike Android smartphones companies that rely on Qualcomm, Samsung, and others for processors.
Moto G10 Power mobile review – big battery on a shoestring budget
Future Retail shares take a massive hit as it loses the case against Amazon in Delhi High Court
OnePlus 9R will be the company’s next affordable smartphone, India launch confirmed for March 23
Popular on BI
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024