One UI 4.0 beta brings Android 12 on Samsung phones — eligible devices, release date and more
- Samsung launched the first beta of
One UI 4.0last month.
- With its second beta release, it has brought Google’s
Material Youredesign and RAM Plusfeature.
- For now, the beta version is only available on the Samsung Galaxy S21 line-up but the stable version is expected on around 80 smartphones.
Material You adds more customizable features for users and brings fresh design changes to Google’s Workspace apps, including Gmail, Calendar, Meet, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides. With Material You, users can add personalised wallpapers that will create unique Material colour palettes which will then be applied across the system and on most applications.
The new beta also brings the RAM plus feature to supported Samsung devices. This feature lets users add up to 4GB of Virtual RAM that should enhance the performance of the devices.
AdvertisementSamsung launched its second beta program of One UI 4.0 on October 5. The beta programs are being released to identify and get rid of bugs before the roll-out of a stable version of the upcoming One UI 4.0 and
As the first beta release, the current version of Samsung One UI 4.0 beta is only available on Samsung S21 series devices — Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra. However, the stable version of One UI 4.0 with Android 12 is expected to release on around 80 devices. Here’s a list of Samsung devices eligible for the Android 12 update.
Galaxy S series: Apart from the Galaxy S21 line-up these devices will get the stable update. Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, S20 Ultra, S20+ 5G, S20+, S20 5G, S20 and S10 5G, S10+, S10, S10e and S10 Lite.
Galaxy Note series: Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 5G, Note20, Note10+ 5G, Note10+, Note10 5G, Note10 and Note10 Lite.
Galaxy Foldable devices: Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Z Fold2, Z Flip 5G, Z Flip, Fold 5G and Fold.
Galaxy A series: Galaxy A71 5G, A71, A51 5G, A51 and A90 5G.
Galaxy Tab S series: Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G, Tab S7+, Tab S7 5G3, Tab S7, Tab S6 5G4, Tab S6, Tab S6 Lite.
Analysts predict India’s short form video market to have 650 million users by 2025
Google Pixel 6 Pro to launch on October 19 – Tensor chipset, 12GB RAM and everything we know so far
AdvertisementOnePlus’ OxygenOS 12 update – release date, eligible devices, features and everything you need to know
Popular on BI
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I tried a calendar that's meant to boost productivity by mapping out the number of weeks you have left to live — here's how it went
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Elon Musk's Tesla hiring engineers to solve problems that affects people's lives
- Best 3 pin laptop power cable adapter in India
- Side-eye emoji to using the vaccinated status as a flex — here’s how India’s Gen Z dated online on Tinder this year
- MapmyIndia’s ₹1040 crore IPO will open this week at a price band of ₹1,000-₹1,033
- iPhone SE 3 to M2 MacBooks, here’s what Apple is predicted to launch in 2022