Qualcomm Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 and Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 announced: What’s new for budget and mid-range phones?
- Qualcomm launched
Snapdragon6 Gen 1 and Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 chipset for mid-range and entry-level smartphones.
- The 6 Gen 1 powered devices are expected to arrive in Q1 2023, while the 4 Gen 1 powered devices will debut this quarter.
- Both the Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 and Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 will feature improved image processing and AI capabilities.
The 6 Gen 1 is built on a 4nm manufacturing process whereas, the affordable SD 4 Gen 1 stays on the 6nm node. According to the company, the first 6 Gen 1 powered devices are expected to arrive in Q1 2023, while the 4 Gen 1 powered devices will debut this quarter.
The new chipsets replace the Snapdragon 400 and 600 naming convention, respectively. They also bring improved features and advancements in capture connectivity, AI, and entertainment. Further, these two chipsets will deliver advanced solutions for consumers, said Deepu John, senior director of product management at Qualcomm Technologies.
Let’s take a look at what these new chipsets offer.
Snapdragon 6 Gen 1: New features and specifications
The Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 is a replacement for the Snapdragon 695 chipset. Compared to its predecessor, the CPU and GPU performance are boosted by up to 40% and 35%, respectively.
The Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 is said to give sustained camera power and performance as it integrates a triple ISP allowing for illuminating capture from three cameras at once. Also, users can shoot up to 108MP photos and capture video with HDR support. Besides this, the Snapdragon 6 features the 7th Gen Qualcomm AI Engine that gives improved 3x AI performance compared to its predecessor for AI-based activities such as activity tracking. It also supports HDR gaming at 60fps.
Snapdragon 4 Gen 1: Specs and features
The Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 is the successor of the Snapdragon 480 Plus from the last year. It is said to give 10% improved GPU performance and 15% better CPU performance than its predecessor.
With an octa-core CPU, the chipset will allow users to multitask smoothly. It includes ISP and multi-frame noise reduction, which gives clear and crisp photos. The Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 chipset will give power users to capture photos up to 108MP along with an always-on voice assistant. Besides this, Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 chipset includes the Qualcomm AI Engine with Qualcomm HVX technology for multi-microphone support, echo cancellation, and far-field detection
A new fine is afoot for rear seat belt — check out the full list of fines for traffic violations
SBI WhatsApp service launched — here’s how to register, check account balance and more
Popular on BI
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps, taking it to a three-year high of 5.9% – Das says inflation at ‘alarmingly high levels’ across jurisdictions
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know