Realme’s first foldable and under-display camera phone tipped to launch next year
The foldable phone design from Realme looks much like the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold series where it opens up like a book. According to the sketches, the
It’s not confirmed if this is the final design of the foldable phone but we do have an idea of what to expect. Realme is yet to officially announce the launch but its CMO Xu Qi Chase on Weibo hinted at the company’s plans for next year. Chase said that in 2022 under-display camera smartphones and foldables will become more popular.
Earlier this month, Chase had shared an image on Weibo of a smartphone with no visible notch or punch hole for the selfie camera. It was speculated that this could be an under-display selfie camera being developed by Realme.
Realme wouldn’t be the first to launch a foldable phone or one with an under-display selfie camera but it could help in bringing these phones to the more affordable price segment. At present, Samsung is the most popular brand for foldables but these phones still cater to the luxury premium segment. Realme is expected to launch its foldable phone at a more competitive price.
Android 12 users report app crashes, battery drain and other issues
Leaked renders of OnePlus Nord 20 5G reveal a boxy design, specifications
Popular on BI
- MrBeast called out TikTok for allowing a deepfake version of him hawking $2 iPhones to run wild on the app: 'This is a serious problem'
- How an OnlyFans creator earned $60,000 from a 'marathon' livestream
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Travel Boom: India spends 2X of pre-pandemic level on Airbnb with Goa leading the charge
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8000 restaurant owners
- Hyundai Motor India says all its vehicles to come with 6 airbags
- Earthquake jolts Delhi and other parts of northern India
- World Bank pegs India's FY24 GDP growth at 6.3% as global headwinds emerge