Realme’s first foldable and under-display camera phone tipped to launch next year
The foldable phone design from Realme looks much like the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold series where it opens up like a book. According to the sketches, the
It’s not confirmed if this is the final design of the foldable phone but we do have an idea of what to expect. Realme is yet to officially announce the launch but its CMO Xu Qi Chase on Weibo hinted at the company’s plans for next year. Chase said that in 2022 under-display camera smartphones and foldables will become more popular.
Earlier this month, Chase had shared an image on Weibo of a smartphone with no visible notch or punch hole for the selfie camera. It was speculated that this could be an under-display selfie camera being developed by Realme.
Realme wouldn’t be the first to launch a foldable phone or one with an under-display selfie camera but it could help in bringing these phones to the more affordable price segment. At present, Samsung is the most popular brand for foldables but these phones still cater to the luxury premium segment. Realme is expected to launch its foldable phone at a more competitive price.
Android 12 users report app crashes, battery drain and other issues
Leaked renders of OnePlus Nord 20 5G reveal a boxy design, specifications
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- India will succeed in handling inflation better: Sitharaman
- India's GDP growth comes in at 6.3% in Q2: manufacturing, mining witness negative growth
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol