Redmi 8 launches in India for ₹7,999 with a special offer for the first 5 million orders
- The Redmi 8 launched in India today with prices starting at ₹7,999.
- The phone will go on sale starting October 12 via Flipkart and the official Xiaomi online store.
- The first give million orders will be able to purchase the higher model priced ₹8,999 for ₹7,999 as a part of Xiaomi’s launch offer celebrating the sale of 100 million devices in India.
The Redmi 8A starts at a price of ₹6,499, while the upgraded Redmi 8 starts at ₹7,999. While the latter is marginally more expensive, the differences between the two phones are minuscule.
The Redmi 8 is available in two variants. The starting variant has 3GB RAM and 32GB storage. The more expensive variant that’s on sale for ₹ 8,999 has 4GB RAM and 64GB storage.
The first five million users to order the higher variants of the Redmi 8 will be able to get it for ₹7,999 as a part of Xiaomi’s launch offer celebrating the sale of 100 million Xiaomi smartphones in the country.
Both Redmi 8 devices will be available four colors — Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Emerald Green and Onyx Black. Users will be able to buy them starting 12 October via Flipkart and Mi online store.
The Redmi 8 comes with Android 9.0 Pie out-of-box with Xiaomi’s own MIUI 10 user interface layered on top. The phone has a 6.26-inch HD Plus screen that has water drop notch on the display housing the front camera sensor.
The screen is also protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and splash-proof P2i nano-coating.
The Redmi 8 sports a dual camera setup in the back that has a 12 megapixel primary sensor and a secondary 2 megapixel sensor, meanwhile the front camera is an 8 megapixel sensor.
The device itself is powered by Qualcoom’s Snapdragon 439 chipset normally found on entry level devices. It has a 5,000 mAh battery that should last a little longer than a full working day even under intensive use. It comes with a 18W fast charge support but company is only bundling a 10W charger in the box.
Redmi 8 retains the 3.5mm audio jack and has a USB Type-C charging port as well as Bluetooth 5.0.
- Orders on Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal show Indians are preparing to stay home for a long time
- A deal with Google is not the only lifeline Vodafone Idea is betting on
- 57% Indians not happy with the relaxed norms: Survey
- Renault to axe 15,000 jobs worldwide— 1,500 employees in India await their fate
- Women spending 1/6th of their day on social media: Survey