Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro with five cameras to launch in India next week
- Xiaomi to launch Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro in India on 16 October.
- Both phones feature a four cameras in the back and one in front — a total of five cameras.
- The Redmi Note 8 Pro will feature a 64 megapixel primary camera sensor and the MediaTek Helio G90T, a gaming grade chipset.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
Manu Kumar Jain, managing director at Xiaomi India, has confirmed that both phones are coming to India on 16 October after launching in China in August.
Going by Xiaomi’s past track record and Redmi Note-series pricing in China, it’s likely that the Redmi Note 8 Pro will be priced around ₹14,000 and the Redmi Note 8 will cost ₹10,000.
Redmi Note 8 Pro chipset and camera
The most exciting features of the Redmi Note 8 Pro are its gaming grade chipset, and 64 megapixel primary camera sensor.
Redmi Note 8 Pro is powered by MediaTek’s Helio G90T chipset is aimed to provide a gaming experience on a budget smartphone. It’s coupled with Xiaomi’s LiquidCool technology to keep the phone from overheating under intensive use.
That being said, it remains to be seen whether Xiaomi will switch out the MediaTek SoC for a Qualcomm chipset for the Indian market, since the company is currently restricted from selling devices with MediaTek’s chipsets in the country.
The phone’s 64 megapixel camera sensor is a part of the quad camera setup on the phone’s rear. It’s accompanied by an 8 megapixel ultrawide angle lens for portrait shots and two 2 megapixel sensors — one for depth and the other for macro shots.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro’s fifth camera is the 20 megapixel sensor in the front of the phone.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro is also unique because it uses universal flash storage (UFS), a feature that’s normally found only on premium smartphones.
AdvertisementTypically, budget smartphones use eMMC storage, which is slower and less efficient. UFS, on the other hand, enables faster interconnects between your phone’s memory and its chipset making communication between the two faster.
The Redmi Note 8 PRO won’t have the latest UFS 3.0 but will feature 128GB of UFS 2.1 paired with 8GB RAM.
It will also have a 4,500 mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging and the usual fingerprint sensor on the back.
The Redmi Note 8 has a slightly smaller screen measuring 6.39-inches. It retains the waterdrop notch and the Full HD Plus IPS LCD display.
Its 6G of RAM and 128GB of storage will be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 665 chipset.
The Redmi Note 8 also have a quad camera setup in the back but the primary sensor is a lesser 48 megapixels while the other three sensors remain the same.
It will also have a 4,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging and a fingerprint sensor along the back.
- Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh to be cremated with state honours in Chandigarh
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings
- Weekly crypto roundup: Burry’s crypto crash prediction, rapper Raftaar accepting crypto, crypto mining migration, and more
- Fully automatic washing machine for small family
- Best webcams for computer video conferencing