Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 expected to launch in Q2 2020 with S Pen, 108MP camera
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
Samsungis expected to announce the Galaxy Fold 2in Q2 2020.
- The device is expected to feature a 108MP primary camera and S Pen support.
Recent reports have also said that Samsung will instead unveil the Galaxy Z Flip during the Galaxy Unpacked event.
Galaxy Fold 2 may debut in Q2 2020
Max Weinbach, a writer for XDA Developers revealed that the Galaxy Fold 2 is likely to be launched in the second quarter. If this is accurate, Samsung will have three major launches in the first half of 2020 – Galaxy S20 series, Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Fold 2.
The Galaxy Fold 2 is expected to feature ultra-thin glass on top of the screen unlike the Galaxy Fold that has plastic on top. It is expected to have an 8-inch display when unfolded, a 108MP primary camera and S Pen support. It is expected to be powered by the new Snapdragon 865 chipset with 5G support.
The S Pen, which has been limited to Galaxy Note devices and Galaxy tablets will make it easier to use the 8-inch display on the Galaxy Fold 2.
We should know more about the Galaxy Fold 2 in the coming weeks. The company may tease the device during its upcoming Galaxy unpacked event.
Samsung Galaxy S20 to be announced on February 11: Everything we know so far
A mysterious foldable phone that snaps shut like a flip phone has appeared on Chinese social media, and people are saying it's Samsung's successor to the Galaxy Fold
- Assam suffers largest single-day spike with 177 cases, crosses 1000-mark: Officials
- WB COVID-19 death toll crosses 300-mark with 7 more fatalities; total cases 4,813
- 144 new COVID-19 cases in Assam; total rises to 1,024
- Odisha govt announces exemption of road tax for passenger buses
- Decision to reopen shrines would lead to spike in COVID-19 cases: WB BJP chief