Samsung’s next-gen Galaxy Fold leaked with a clamshell design
- Samsung could be following the footsteps of Motorola with a clamshell foldable phone.
- The South Korean major had shown off its take on the clamshell design back in October this year.
- It could launch the next-gen Galaxy Fold in February next year, possibly alongside the Galaxy S11 series.
The South Korean major displayed alternative foldable phone designs back in October this year at its annual developers’ conference. At the event, the company teased a clamshell design with a foldable display and a notch on the top.
When unfolded, the clamshell design would offer the traditional smartphone experience. It can be folded in half, making it a very pocketable when compared to existing smartphones.
Now, a new leak on Chinese social networking site Weibo has given us the first look at the second-gen Galaxy Fold. The leak shows live images of the purported Galaxy Fold 2, which lends it more credence.
In addition to the clamshell design, the Galaxy Fold 2 also has an Infinity-O notch. Samsung is clearly improving on its initial Galaxy Fold design which had an unconventional notch on the top right.
Korean publication ETNews has reported that the Galaxy Fold 2 could feature a 6.7-inch display on the inside. In addition to this, there could be a 1-inch display on the outside for showing notifications, time and other things.
Other details of the purported Galaxy Fold 2 are not known yet. Samsung could launch it alongside the Galaxy S11 series in February 2020.
Samsung's Galaxy Fold is trying so hard to become a tablet that it forgot to become a phone
AdvertisementIt costs up to $600 to repair the new Galaxy Fold's screen out of warranty
Popular on BI
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Banks in India may have to fight harder for deposits
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list