SBI processed about 5 Lakh IPO transactions in June, PhonePe continues to be the most used UPI app
- About ₹5.5 lakh crore was transferred through 2.8 billion transactions on UPI.
- About ₹4.48 Lakh was transferred across 1.5 billion transactions peer-to-peer.
- PhonePe continues to lead the UPI market with over 1.2 billion transactions.
AdvertisementAbout ₹5.5 lakh crore was transferred through 2.8 billion transactions on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) in the month of June 2021. This is the first jump UPI transactions have witnessed since April 2021.
|June||2.8 billion||₹5.4 lakh crore|
|May||2.5 billion||₹4.9 lakh crore|
|April||2.6 billion||₹4.93 lakh crore|
|March||2.7 billion||₹5.05 lakh crore|
|February||2.2 billion||₹4.25 lakh crore|
Once again, Flipkart-owned PhonePe continues to lead the UPI market with over 1.2 billion transactions, which makes up for 42% of all the transactions that took place on the payment system. Google Pay was next in line with 972 million transactions, making up for close to 35% of the transactions.
State-run National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), which manages UPI and other payments systems, has also released break up of peer-to-peer (P2P) payments and peer-to-merchant (P2M) payments. About ₹4.48 lakh was transferred across 1.5 billion P2P transactions on UPI, the data revealed. Meanwhile, P2M witnessed 1.2 billion transactions worth ₹99.5K crore in June 2021.
The State Bank of India (SBI) turned out to be the biggest IPO remitter in June, with 4.86 lakh mandates and 78,000 executions. Mandates are requests for IPO and executions were the transaction where the customer was allotted the shares. Other top banks included HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of Baroda and Axis Bank.
|State Bank of India||4,86,555||78,706|
|Bank of Baroda||1,73,853||29,882|
Founded in 2016, UPI is one of the biggest success stories of the Indian digital payments system. It crossed 1 billion monthly transactions in October 2019 and 2 billion in October 2020. The NPCI has been looking to incorporate this payment system in international markets as well. So far, Singapore and Bhutan have decided to incorporate the system.
Amazon acquires Facebook's satellite internet team, bolstering its efforts to compete with SpaceX
SoftBank-Swiggy deal gets CCI approval, two days before Zomato IPO
Payments firm MobiKwik files for ₹1,900 crore IPO, reportedly to seek $1 billion valuation
Popular on BI
- FOMO and market volatility concerns key behind wealthy Indians lapping up ultra-luxury homes
- Young and restless: Zepto’s Vohra to Oyo’s Agarwal – meet India’s top self-made biz moguls
- New SIM card rules from Dec 1 include bulk purchase restrictions – All you need to know
- Netflix to bring popular game 'GTA: The Trilogy' on its mobile app in Dec
- Resilient India to outperform most global economies in FY24, says Client Associates