SBI processed about 5 Lakh IPO transactions in June, PhonePe continues to be the most used UPI app
- About ₹5.5 lakh crore was transferred through 2.8 billion transactions on UPI.
- About ₹4.48 Lakh was transferred across 1.5 billion transactions peer-to-peer.
- PhonePe continues to lead the UPI market with over 1.2 billion transactions.
|June||2.8 billion||₹5.4 lakh crore|
|May||2.5 billion||₹4.9 lakh crore|
|April||2.6 billion||₹4.93 lakh crore|
|March||2.7 billion||₹5.05 lakh crore|
|February||2.2 billion||₹4.25 lakh crore|
Once again, Flipkart-owned PhonePe continues to lead the UPI market with over 1.2 billion transactions, which makes up for 42% of all the transactions that took place on the payment system. Google Pay was next in line with 972 million transactions, making up for close to 35% of the transactions.
AdvertisementState-run National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), which manages UPI and other payments systems, has also released break up of peer-to-peer (P2P) payments and peer-to-merchant (P2M) payments. About ₹4.48 lakh was transferred across 1.5 billion P2P transactions on UPI, the data revealed. Meanwhile, P2M witnessed 1.2 billion transactions worth ₹99.5K crore in June 2021.
The State Bank of India (SBI) turned out to be the biggest IPO remitter in June, with 4.86 lakh mandates and 78,000 executions. Mandates are requests for IPO and executions were the transaction where the customer was allotted the shares. Other top banks included HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of Baroda and Axis Bank.
|State Bank of India||4,86,555||78,706|
|Bank of Baroda||1,73,853||29,882|
Founded in 2016, UPI is one of the biggest success stories of the Indian digital payments system. It crossed 1 billion monthly transactions in October 2019 and 2 billion in October 2020. The NPCI has been looking to incorporate this payment system in international markets as well. So far, Singapore and Bhutan have decided to incorporate the system.
Amazon acquires Facebook's satellite internet team, bolstering its efforts to compete with SpaceX
SoftBank-Swiggy deal gets CCI approval, two days before Zomato IPO
Payments firm MobiKwik files for ₹1,900 crore IPO, reportedly to seek $1 billion valuation
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Best toddler bags for kids in India
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future