Xiaomi teases launch of Mi Note 10 with 108MP camera in India
- The Mi Note 10 was launched in Europe earlier this month.
- It features a penta camera setup on the back with 108MP primary camera.
- The Mi Note 10 is the first smartphone with a 108MP camera.
I T' S… https://t.co/rtyrIsBU4v— Mi India #108MP IS COMING! (@XiaomiIndia) 1574666197000
Xiaomi launched the Mi Note 10 in Europe earlier this month. The primary highlight of the smartphone is the 108MP camera on the back, giving yet another boost to the megapixel race that has gained momentum of late.
At the moment, Xiaomi India’s tweets don’t say much beyond “108MP”, but it is quite certain that the smartphone in question is the Mi Note 10, which is the global version of the Mi CC9 Pro which was launched in China earlier this year. Xiaomi is expected to replicate the Mi Note 10 branding in India as well.
The megapixel race is back
Over the years, Android smartphones have been inching up in terms of the number of megapixels. The big boost, though, was Huawei launching smartphones with 40MP cameras. Sony subsequently launched the legendary IMX 586 sensor that is used in all sorts of smartphones, right from the budget segment to flagships.
Samsung joined the race with its new 48MP, 64MP and 108MP sensors. The Mi Note 10 is the first smartphone to use the 108MP camera with Samsung’s HMX Bright sensor.
Mi Note 10 specifications
Apart from the 108MP primary camera, the Mi Note 10 has four other cameras on the back - 12MP 2PD sensor with 2x zoom support, a 5MP telephoto lens with 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 20MP ultrawide angle lens and a 2MP macro lens.
On the front, it has a 32MP camera for selfies and video calling.
The Mi Note 10 has a 6.47-inch AMOLED display with a waterdrop notch and an in-display fingerprint sensor. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 11 on top. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset which is paired with up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of UFS 2.1 storage.
- 20 DMRC staff have tested positive for COVID-19 till date: Sources
- COVID-positive man dies, daughter says 'not admitted' in time by Delhi hospital
- Four more COVID-19 cases in HP's Hamirpur, ten recover
- COVID-19 cases cross 2,000-mark in Assam
- 13 Indians among 517 new coronavirus cases reported in Singapore