10 things in tech: Bezos launch - Robinhood IPO - Netflix earnings
Welcome to 10 Things in
Let's jump in.
2. Checking in on Netflix: Data shows that Netflix's web traffic dipped during Q2 but then gradually recovered, suggesting a lower-than-usual engagement rate for the streaming giant. Today they release their earnings report.
3. From diapers to kids on Zoom, tech leaders have had a rough WFH time, too. Sure, there's been more family time with the work-from-home boom, but balancing a career and family all in one room can be brutal for anyone. 18 investors and startup founders shared how they navigated remote work during the pandemic.
4. Robinhood eyes lofty valuation ahead of IPO. The investing app that made waves amid the GameStop saga earlier this year has plans to raise as much as $2.3 billion in its stock-market debut. Get the details here.
5. Your iPhone isn't as secure as
6. Get ready for hot vax summer: Online dating remains a massively popular way to meet people, with over 270 million people doing so in 2020. New dating apps besides Tinder are catching on - here are 9 dating apps other than Tinder to try this summer.
7. Your face is being recorded by some of your favorite shops. Macy's is among six stores that Fight for the Future reports are using facial recognition technology. Get the full list here.
8. Biden walked back his comments saying Facebook is "killing people." But he still wants the tech conglomerate to crack down on misinformation. His primary concern is bad information spreading about the COVID-19 vaccine.
9. Venture capitalists anticipate a boom in new technologies, from clean water to big data. The pandemic forced doctors to switch to telehealth, and new climate solutions are budding more than ever - these are the 11 post-pandemic tech trends VCs are chasing.
10. Want to work at Salesforce? They have been on a hiring spree all year. Whether you're an engineer, data scientist, or something else, here's exactly how much you can expect them to pay you.
Sign up for more Insider newsletters here.
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- OnePlus 2.0: OxygenOS and ColorOS to merge into a unified OS starting 2022
- Here’s what experts have to say about Cadbury Dairy Milk’s latest ad that has taken the internet by storm
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- SBI Cards, Adani Ports, HCL Tech and other top stocks to watch out for on September 21
- Sansera Engineering IPO — How to check allotment status, listing date and more