10 things in tech: Pixel 6 sneak peek - Top developers - Food delivery's future
View all Offers
- 11% OFF
Tecno POVA 2 (Polar Silver, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)| 7000mAh Battery | 48MP Camera | Helio G85₹ 11999₹ 13499Buy On
- 11% OFF
iQOO 7 Legend 5G (Legendary Track Design, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement | Extra Rs.3000 Off on Exchange₹ 39990₹ 44990Buy On
- 14% OFF
iQOO 7 5G (Storm Black, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement₹ 29990₹ 34990Buy On
- 21% OFF
iQOO Z3 5G (Cyber Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | India's First SD 768G 5G Processor | 55W FlashCharge | Upto 9 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement₹ 17990₹ 24990Buy On
Redmi 9A (Midnight Black, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-Core Helio G25 Processor₹ 6799₹ 8499Buy On
Let's get started.
1. Google just revealed new details about the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. In the company's biggest smartphone upgrade in years, the phones will come with a refreshed design that makes them more competitive with Apple and Samsung. Here are four other things we learned.
2. Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates are officially divorced. Court records show a judge has finalized the couple's split, which was announced in May. You can see the documents here.
3. Insider tracked down 21 influential developers shaping the tech industry. From CTOs to budding coders, we spoke with people who are leading impactful projects and forging new paths in software development. Meet the industry's power players here.
4. YouTube video shows the Tesla Model S Plaid racing the Porsche Taycan Turbo S. Even without Drag Strip Mode enabled, the $130,000 Tesla soundly beat the $218,000 Porsche. Watch the Tesla outstrip one of the world's fastest production cars.
5. Amazon's AI cameras reportedly determine drivers' pay and employment status. By scoring safety infractions like tailgating and illegal U-turns, the system can determine drivers' compensation, as well as whether they can stay employed with the company. A look at how it works.
6. Bill Gates warned Coachella about the threat of a pandemic years ago. In a meeting with the festival's cofounders years before COVID-19 broke out, Gates warned that a pandemic could damage business. Read up on Gates' prescient advice.
7. TikTok's CEO is reportedly in talks to buy a $64 million bungalow in Singapore. Though the bungalow appears old and dilapidated, it's located in a coveted neighborhood in Singapore. Take a look at the street it's on.
8. A huge Tesla battery pack burst into flames during testing - and burned for four days. It took 150 firefighters to put out the flame on the "Megapack," Tesla's largest battery product. See photos of the blaze.
9. Hedge funds are taking on venture capitalists in the battle to back the best startups. We spoke with investors at funds like Two Sigma and Point72, who revealed how they source the best startups. Here's what they told us.
10. The future of delivery is ultrafast (like, less than 10 minutes fast). From Getir to GoPuff, we outlined the grocery operators that have raised more than $8 billion to offer customers ridiculously speedy delivery. Here are some startups that promise to deliver food fast.
Sign up for more Insider newsletters here.
- A CryptoPunk NFT bought for $74 resurfaced after four years and just sold for $2 million
- Best DIY wallpapers to revamp your house
- India's largest car maker loses nearly two thirds of its profit to chip shortage
- New Range Rover: Check out expected price in India, features and other details
- Softbank will make $250 million by selling a fifth of its stake in Policybazaar