10 things in tech: WeWork IPO chaos - Tech firm pay - Bezos' trek
Welcome to 10 Things in
Let's get into it.
2. #DeleteFacebook is trending - and there's finally some bipartisan agreement. Right-wingers used the hashtag in response to Trump's suspension; the left picked it up after Biden's comments about vaccine misinformation. Both sides agree the industry needs more oversight.
3. Want to know what Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and other tech companies pay? Insider's new searchable salary database gives you access to salary disclosures from more than 250 firms. Search by company or job title here.
5. Tesla delivered on it's self-driving car promise, but now there's a new price tag on it. Tesla owners can now use the Full Self-Driving feature - that is, as long as they're willing to fork over $1,500 to upgrade the vehicle's computer. Some customers feel like the EV company is punishing their earliest supporters.
6. A tornado hit a Tesla Model X - and the car's Sentry Mode captured the moment on video. The driver's-side camera captured the moment that the storm tore through a parking lot, scattering debris and dragging cars. Watch here.
7. We've gotta move our pollution into space, says Bezos. "We need to take all heavy industry, all polluting industry, and move it into space," the billionaire said. See what else Bezos said after experiencing space for the first time.
8. Facebook ignored scientists asking about COVID-19 misinformation, according to a report. Management never approved inquiries to look into these things at the start of the pandemic. Facebook continues to battle the Biden administration over platform misinformation.
9. WeWork lost $40 billion in value and booted its CEO before its IPO. And we have the story from a new, smoking-gun book that details the entire meltdown. The inside story of WeWork and Wall Street's chaotic partnership.
10. UserTesting has secretly filed for an IPO. The San Francisco-based software company has raised over $200 million in funding, according to PitchBook. Get a rundown of the full numbers.
Sign up for more Insider newsletters here.
- India's Omicron COVID-19 strain tally rises to 21 with 17 more testing positive for the new variant
- Route Mobile is eyeing the Latin America market to bump up its global presence
- Top smartwatches with always-on display in India
- Biometric devices for convenient identity authentication
- Best inkjet printers for business needs in India