10 things in tech you need to know today
Good morning and welcome to 10 Things in
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 5000 mAh| 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 60% OFF
boAt Bassheads 100 in Ear Wired Earphones with Mic(Black)₹ 399₹ 999Buy On
- 13% OFF
OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition (Bold Black)₹ 1899₹ 2190Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 21% OFF
Redmi 9 Power (Blazing Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) - 6000mAh Battery |FHD+ Screen| 48MP Quad Camera | Alexa Hands-Free Capable₹ 10999₹ 13999Buy On
3. Meet Google's $55 million man, head of search Prabhakar Raghavan. Googlers told Insider about how Raghavan has re-shuffled executives at the search giant and become one of CEO Sundar Pichai's most important lieutenants. Here's our exclusive profile on Raghavan.4. Tesla is reining in its expansion in China amid political tensions between Washington and Beijing. The automaker reportedly scrapped plans to expand its Shanghai factory, and will slow production in the country. Read about it here.
5. The Pentagon is reportedly considering severing its JEDI cloud contract with Microsoft to avoid hassle from Amazon. Amazon has mounted various legal challenges since the Trump administration awarded the defense contract to Microsoft. Read more about it here.6. Uber avoided paying nearly $6 billion tax by using 50 Dutch shell companies, a research group reported. Uber has talked about its Dutch tax haven before, but not in detail. Read here why one researcher called the alleged scheme "the Champions League of tax avoidance." 7. Jeff Bezos wanted to make a huge splash for Amazon's climate pledge in 2019, and considered announcing it from a polar ice cap. This was revealed in a new book about the Amazon's CEO's career. Read more about it here.
8. Police issued a warrant for a YouTuber who snuck into SpaceX's Texas launch site. Caesar L. Galaviz filmed a Starship rocket while wandering around on the site for his vlog channel, "Loco VlogS." Here's why police have issued a warrant for his arrest.
9. Mental-health startups have raised a record $1.9 billion in 2021 due to the pandemic. Q1 2021 saw global funding for mental health startups increase 54% on Q4 2020. Read Insider's report on it here.10. Sam Altman's SPAC is looking to raise $400 million instead of its original $1 billion target. The Y Combinator founder's SPAC is lowering its expectations less than two months after launch. Here's why that's a sign the SPAC craze is cooling off.
Sign up for more Insider newsletters here.
- Weekend watch list for OTT — Fahadh Faasil’s Malik to Farhan Akhtar’s Toofan and more
- Reliance Retail surprises all by more than doubling its net profit in the last three months
- Reliance Jio adds 42 million subscribers but the average revenue is pretty much the same
- YES Bank’s net profit grows four fold as provision for bad loans shrink
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on headphones