1,330 recognised startups from gaming and related sectors as on Nov 30: Som Parkash
- Recognised startups in the gaming and related sectors witnessed huge growth.
- A task force was set up on April 8 this year for the promotion of the Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics (AVGC) industry, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Som
Parkashsaid in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
AdvertisementRecognised startups in the gaming and related sectors have grown from five in 2016 to over 1,330 as on November 30, 2022, Parliament was informed on Wednesday. A task force was set up on April 8 this year for promotion of Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics (AVGC) industry, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Som Parkash said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
The mandate of the task force includes facilitation of skilling initiatives, promotion and market development activities to extend global reach of the Indian AVGC industry, boosting of employment opportunities and incentives to attract foreign direct investment in the AVGC sector.
"Sustained government efforts in this direction have resulted in increasing the number of recognized startups from 452 in 2016 to 84,012 in 2022 (as on 30th November 2022). This includes startups in gaming and related sectors, which have grown from about 5 in 2016 to over 1,330 startups in 2022 (as on 30th November 2022)," he said.
Replying to a separate question, the minister said, comprehensive reforms have been undertaken by
He also said, the objective of amalgamation of the banks was to facilitate consolidation among PSBs to create strong and competitive banks capable of achieving economies of scale and realisation of synergy benefits with wider product and service offering to customers.
As a result of this effort, he said, customers of amalgamated banks received access to increased number of branches and ATMs from which they can now avail banking services.
Customers have also received access to a larger bouquet of products and services through harmonization of the same across banks being amalgamated together and enhanced their lending capacity for loans of a larger size, Parkash said.
Further, the increased scale and customer base in the amalgamated banks has also enabled banks to opening/reorganizing controlling offices and processing centres, equipping them to better serve customers, he added.
Here are some free AI-powered apps and tools to try right now
Top upcoming games in 2023: Here’s what PC, PlayStation, and Xbox users should expect
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Mark Zuckerberg just ushered in a new era of tech, where profitability and efficiency trump perks and culture
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Poco X5 Pro Review - Solid performance, boring design
- PM launches 20% ethanol blended petrol in 11 states/UTs
- ITC stock scales 52-week high as brokerages hike target price
- Last mile deliveries, food aggregators to drive E2W growth says Redseer
- Poco’s mid-range smartphone X5 Pro 5G launched in India starting at ₹22,999