3 reasons you should buy the 2-year-old Apple Watch Series 3 over the new Series 5
- The Apple Watch Series 3 is a smart buy for iPhone owners looking for a basic smartwatch that can monitor health metrics and deliver notifications to your wrist.
- That's because it supports many of the same features as the Series 5 for half the price.
- There are several benefits that come with the more expensive Series 5, such as an always-on screen, but the Series 3 offers a largely similar experience.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Apple just launched the $400 Apple Watch Series 5 in September, which features an always-on display, support for international emergency calling, and the option to purchase it in a new titanium finish.But if you're in the market for an Apple Watch, you might want to consider checking out the Series 3 model Apple launched in 2017. That's because it's available for less than half the price of a Series 5 on Black Friday and offers many of the same features as Apple's latest smartwatch. Advertisement
Here's a closer look at why it may be worth choosing the 2-year-old Series 3 over the Series 5.
The Apple Watch Series 3 is significantly cheaper.
The Series 3 offers the same core features as the Series 5.Advertisement
Apple's older watch also runs on the same software and is compatible with the same App Store as the Series 5, so the experience will largely feel the same.
That being said, it's worth noting that the Series 5 does offer improvements that you won't find on the Series 3.Advertisement
So which one is right for you?
- Here’s the list of upcoming bike launches in August 2020
- Best non-electric water purifiers for home
- Airtel-Amazon team up to take on Jio-Microsoft in the battle for India’s cloud market
- Here are the highlights of Prime Minister Modi's speech from Ayodhya
- Pidilite shareholders are paying the price for the real estate slowdown — weak pre-monsoon sales to drag revenues