5G Snapshot: China
Telecoms in 18 countries will roll out 5G networks by the end of 2019, which means the race to secure global 5G leadership is officially underway. Winning would allow the opportunity to shape the future of the telecommunications industry, and could come with more than a decade of competitive advantages.
As the biggest mobile market in the world, China is at the front of the pack of global 5G development. China is projected to have 460 million 5G connections by 2025, which would make it the largest 5G market worldwide. After largely missing the opportunity of the 3G and 4G eras, 5G leadership is a top priority for China.
In the 5G Snapshot: China report, Business Insider Intelligence breaks down the key components and advantages of China's 5G mission, and provides summaries of the country's 3 largest wireless operators.
- Tax cuts, extension of PLI scheme will benefit consumer durables industry
- Madhuri Dixit's debut OTT series 'The Fame Game' to release on February 25 on Netflix
- Tata Group gets loan commitment from SBI-led consortium to run Air India
- Air India's control to be handed over to the Tata Group today
- Asia Pacific advertising spend is expected to grow by 5.9% to reach US$255 billion in 2022: dentsu report