A Meta worker found out she'd lost her 'dream job' in an email sent at 5:55 a.m. and said 'it's been a tough morning'
- A Meta worker found out she lost her "dream job" in an email sent at 5:55 a.m.
- Jenny S said in a LinkedIn post Wednesday that she hasn't "fully processed" the news yet.
A Meta worker discovered she was laid off in an email sent at 5:55 a.m. and said she hadn't "fully processed" that she lost her "dream job" hours later.
Jenny S revealed in a LinkedIn post that she'd lost her job in the second mass layoffs at Meta this week.
Mark Zuckerberg announced Tuesday that another 10,000 staff were being laid off in a second wave of job cuts after 11,000 were axed in November.
"At 5:55AM, I got the email that I was impacted by the next round of #meta#layoffs #opentowork it's 9:00AM and I still don't know if I have fully processed what happened," Jenny wrote.
She was a senior technical recruiter, according to her LinkedIn profile, and joined in August 2021. Jenny said it'd been a "tough morning" and she was experiencing a "wave of emotions."
"Meta was my dream company and dream job. I was recently promoted in July and I couldn't have been happier. I was working on great projects, so this is hitting me hard. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this," she added.
Insider has verified that Jenny was employed at Meta. She did not respond to a request for comment.
The latest round of layoffs comes after Zuckerberg said Meta was embarking on a "year of efficiency," closing about 5,000 roles and reducing the pace of hiring.
He also said the company would be restructured and "lower priority projects" scrapped. Zuckerberg mentioned its metaverse project only twice in the post, but referenced AI four times and said it's now Meta's "single largest investment".
Meta didn't immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider, made outside normal working hours.
Editor's Note: The article was updated to remove Jenny S.'s last name and to clarify that she did not respond to Insider's request for comment.
Are you a Meta employee who's lost their job in the latest layoffs? Contact Jyoti Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org or by direct message on Twitter for Signal contact details
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite 5G and Nord Buds 2 to launch on April 4 – Here’s all you need to know
- Amazon Convertible Fest sale – Best deals on convertible ACs and refrigerators
- Govt intervention critical to remove green financing barriers, IPCC report stresses as we move towards 3.5°C warming
- BYJU's set to raise $250 million, at a lower valuation
- Piramal Realty inks deal with Jio-bp to install EV charging stations at its properties