A new video game about the 2020 election lets you fight as Donald Trump, Andrew Yang, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, or Cory Booker
"Yang2020 Path to Presidency"
- "Yang2020 Path To Presidency" is an upcoming computer game featuring Andrew Yang, Donald Trump, and a several other candidates in the 2020 presidential election.
- Yang is the star of the game's story mode, but he's not the only playable character. You'll be able to unlock the other presidential candidates and go head to head in versus mode.
- "Yang2020: Path To Presidency" will be available for PC on December 30, but the price hasn't been set yet.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang is the star of an upcoming video game featuring the frontrunners of the 2020 election - "Yang2020: Path To Presidency." The game will let the 2020 candidates fight for the presidency, with a fictional story mode charting Yang's path to office.Though fighting games are inherently violent, the recreations of the candidates in "Yang2020: Path To Presidency" are obvious parodies performing cartoonish attacks. Players will be able to unlock Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, and other characters, each with their own ridiculous set of special attacks.
While the game revolves around Yang's campaign, it was made by an independent developer, Sam Vallely. Early footage of "Yang2020" surfaced back in September and the full game is scheduled for release on December 30 via Steam, the largest PC gaming marketplace. The gameplay footage shown in September was from an early version of the game, so the finished product could be much different.
Yang has not formally endorsed "Yang2020: Path To Presidency," but the Democratic candidate has shown appreciation for similar games in the past. In a pair of tweets earlier this year, Yang said he spent much of his adolescence playing "Street Fighter 2," the seminal fighting game that has defined the genre for decades."Yang2020: Path To Presidency" also draws inspiration from the popular anime "Dragon Ball Z." Yang loosely resembles the character Gohan and the candidates are capable of firing energy beams that are a staple in the "Dragon Ball" series."Yang2020: Path To Presidency" will be available on December 30, but the price has not been set. The next Democratic presidential debate is set for December 19, but Yang's polling numbers are too low to qualify for the stage as of December 9.
I literally spent my teenage years playing Street Fighter II in New Hampshire. pic.twitter.com/ynTYg56Djx- Andrew Yang (@AndrewYang) September 28, 2019
NOW WATCH: What's going on with TikTok?
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall