A Palestinian journalist who was reporting live from the West Bank says Twitter asked her to delete her tweets
- Mariam Barghouti said Twitter asked her to remove tweets when she was reporting from the West Bank.
- Twitter also temporarily restricted her account, saying she violated the platform's media policy.
- Twitter said the restriction was an accident.
A Palestinian-American journalist said Twitter asked her to delete some tweets while she was reporting live from the West Bank.Mariam Barghouti told Motherboard that Twitter asked her to remove some tweets.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
According to Motherboard, Barghouti had been on the ground covering protests against the planned evictions of Palestinians in East Jerusalem. The expulsions stoked longstanding tensions between Israel and Hamas, the Gaza militant group. On Monday and Tuesday, Israeli forces carried out airstrikes in Palestinian territories, and Hamas fired rockets at Israeli cities.Twitter later told Motherboard that her account was restricted by accident.
"We took enforcement action on the account you referenced in error. That has since been reversed," a Twitter spokesperson said.In an Instagram Story, Barghouti said in response: "Twitter said it was a mistake. I think I just have more visibility than other accounts."This is what her account looked like while restricted:
-Casey Johnston (@caseyjohnston) May 11, 2021
According to Motherboard, she had tweeted shortly before her account was restricted: "I feel like I'm in a war zone in Beit El. Israeli keeps just went full forces with hundreds of teargas canisters shot."
- Fino Payments Bank files papers for ₹1,300 crore IPO
- OfBusiness, a platform that helps SMEs get raw materials, becomes the newest unicorn from India
- Tokyo Olympics: India's P V Sindhu loses to world number one Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the semis
- Droom founder explains why he is considering a US IPO and where he intends to spend the money
- 21 new COVID-19 cases reported at Tokyo Olympics, no athletes among them