Amazon warehouse staff in New York withdraw their union petition from the NLRB
Amazonwarehouse employees in New Yorkwithdrew their unionpetition on Friday, AP News reported.
- They planned to resubmit it "ASAP," said Christian Smalls, a former employee leading the effort.
Amazon warehouse staffers in Staten Island on Friday withdrew their petition to unionize from the National
The workers planned to resubmit their petition as soon as possible, Christian Smalls, a former Amazon employee who's leading the drive, said on Twitter.
"@amazonlabor has met all the requirements along with submitting over 2K signed cards," Smalls said. "We're facing a turnover rate of 150% so the card check didn't go in favor this time do not get discouraged we will resubmit ASAP."
"Our focus remains on listening directly to our employees and continuously improving on their behalf," Kelly Nantel, an Amazon spokesperson, said in an email to Insider on Saturday.
The union drive in Staten Island, a borough in New York City, was announced in late April, a few weeks after a failed attempt to unionize by another group in Bessemer, Alabama. About 71% of valid votes cast in Bessemer were against unionization.
Amazon, one of the country's largest employers, has previously been accused of attempting to stop workers from unionizing by posting anti-union messaging.
In Alabama, after the company was accused of intimidation, it said: "It's easy to predict the union will say that Amazon won this election because we intimidated employees, but that's not true. Our employees heard far more anti-Amazon messages from the union, policymakers, and media outlets than they heard from us."
Amazon opened its Staten Island fulfillment center in September 2018.
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- WazirX receives 1023 requests for data from law enforcement in October-March 2022
- Elon Musk was dating Amber Heard and finalizing a divorce around the time he's said to have sexually harassed a SpaceX flight attendant
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani
- Reserve Bank to pay ₹30,307 crore dividend payment to Centre for FY22