Amazon Web Services hit by third outage this month, Slack and Epic Games among services affected
The official AWS service health dashboard blamed the issues on power outages in a single data centre, affecting one Availability Zone (USE1-AZ4) within the US-EAST-1 Region, The Verge reported on Wednesday.
DownDetector.com showed issues with news aggregator Flipboard, online learning site Udemy, dating app Grindr, streaming service Hulu, and IoT services from Honeywell, Life360, and Samsung's SmartThings.
However, users may still be experiencing issues as services and servers are relaunched.
Slack said its services were "experiencing issues with file uploads, message editing, and other services."
Workplace collaboration app Asana also faced problems, due to a "major outage," saying that with "many of our users unable to access Asana."
Epic Games Store said "Internet services outages" were "affecting logins, library, purchases, etc."
Two AWS outages earlier this month affected several digital platforms and products, like
AdvertisementAnother AWS outage is causing problems for Coinbase, Slack, and other services
Popular on BI
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- After Germany enters recession, fears in Singapore of 'technical recession'
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden