Amazon's Prime Video app disappeared from the Apple App Store for several hours
- Prime Video, Amazon's streaming app, disappeared from the App Store on Apple devices for several hours on Friday.
- Users on Twitter reported the missing app. The app was back later on Friday.
- It wasn't immediately clear what happened, though a media report ascribed it to a bug.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
On Friday, some owners of Apple devices tweeted that they could no longer access Prime Video in Apple's app store. Prime Video is Amazon's video streaming services. Tweets from various users flagged the issue, and asked Amazon and Apple for support.Several hours after reports of its disappearance, the app was back in Apple's app store, according to Variety.Advertisement
Screengrabs of this issue included "The developer has removed this app from the App Store," Gizmodo reported.Although the app was gone from the App Store, it appeared to work fine on devices where it was already installed.
Recode's Peter Kafka reported that the app should return soon, citing a source familiar with the situation. Kafka's source said "it's related to a bug in Amazon's app that Amazon is working to fix." We don't know when the app will return to Apple devices.Apple did not respond to a request for comment. Advertisement
@PrimeVideo Hey #PrimeVideo! What's going on with your App? I can't find it anymore in the App Store after the ISO 13 update! It says the developer doesn't carry it anymore! What a heck??!!! Are you guys developing a new app? I want my PrimeVideo app back!- Monica To (@MonicaoTo) October 4, 2019
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies from COVID-19 in Florida
- Assam registers record 1,202 new COVID-19 cases; tally crosses 11,000-mark
- Delhi govt asks DMs to start COVID-19 survey outside containment zones
- 1,168 new cases in Pune on Sat, COVID-19 count now 27,311
- Nitish Kumar, 14 Bihar CMO staffers test negative for COVID-19