Amazon’s virtual assistant Alexa is down and facing issues responding to voice commands
According to Down Detector, a website that tracks outages, reports of Amazon Alexa outages started pouring in from 12:31 pm IST and continues to remain unfixed. We can confirm that Amazon Alexa is indeed facing issues and not working properly. To queries, Alexa responds saying, “Sorry, I'm having difficulty understanding right now. Please try again later.”
This appears to be the common issue that users are facing but some other issues include devices showing as ‘offline’, a red light ring instead of the normal blue colour, and delay in processing requests, according to a report by TechRadar. The report added that Amazon Alexa services are down in the UK and parts of Europe as well.
The most number of reports on Down Detector come from the UK. Here, users are complaining mostly about the server connection while some reports are about the website and others for the app.
An issue like this can be worrying especially for people who rely on the Alexa-powered Echo devices or have a smart home system.
How to record Twitter Spaces on Android and iOS
Samsung Unpacked February event: Galaxy S22 series, end of the Note line and everything else we know so far
Popular on BI
- Migration to other social media platforms shows no signs of slowing following Elon Musk's chaotic takeover at Twitter, report says
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- Kama Holdings, valued over ₹8,000 crore, has only three employees
- Check out upcoming new WhatsApp features in 2023
- DHFL case: CBI moves Delhi HC against statutory bail to Wadhawan brothers
- Best mobile under ₹12000
- E-commerce platform Carousell lays off 110 employees to reduce costs