Amazon’s virtual assistant Alexa is down and facing issues responding to voice commands
According to Down Detector, a website that tracks outages, reports of Amazon Alexa outages started pouring in from 12:31 pm IST and continues to remain unfixed. We can confirm that Amazon Alexa is indeed facing issues and not working properly. To queries, Alexa responds saying, “Sorry, I'm having difficulty understanding right now. Please try again later.”
This appears to be the common issue that users are facing but some other issues include devices showing as ‘offline’, a red light ring instead of the normal blue colour, and delay in processing requests, according to a report by TechRadar. The report added that Amazon Alexa services are down in the UK and parts of Europe as well.
The most number of reports on Down Detector come from the UK. Here, users are complaining mostly about the server connection while some reports are about the website and others for the app.
An issue like this can be worrying especially for people who rely on the Alexa-powered Echo devices or have a smart home system.
How to record Twitter Spaces on Android and iOS
Samsung Unpacked February event: Galaxy S22 series, end of the Note line and everything else we know so far
Popular on BI
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani