An Amazon warehouse worker in Bessemer, Alabama, has died
Amazonwarehouse worker in Bessemer, Alabama, died Thursday, Bloomberg reported.
- The worker was hospitalized after collapsing in the bathroom of the warehouse, Bloomberg reported.
- Workers recently unsuccessfully sought to unionize the warehouse.
An Amazon worker died Thursday after collapsing at the company's warehouse in Bessemer, Alabama, Bloomberg reported.The worker was found in a warehouse bathroom and taken to a hospital, according to Bloomberg.
Amazon's Bessemer warehouse was recently the site of a high-profile campaign by workers seeking to unionize. Employees at the facility voted 1,798 to 738 against unionizing, with 505 ballots challenged and 76 ballots being voided.However, the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union, under which the employees would have unionized, challenged the vote results, filing official objections with the National Labor Relations Board alleging Amazon illegally interfered with the vote.
The NLRB on Friday held a hearing to determine whether Amazon's conduct during the campaign amounted to violations of labor law and whether to redo the election.
- Baba Ramdev and Patanjali-owned Ruchi Soya wants to raise money from the market again
- Best office chairs for working from home
- Delhi unlock: Restaurants to reopen with 50% capacity; malls, markets to open daily, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Budget constraint cannot justify violation of citizens' right to clean environment: NGT
- Weekly crypto roundup: WazirX under scrutiny, El Salvador makes Bitcoin legal tender and more