An Uber Eats driver discovered she had won $250,000 on a lottery ticket while waiting for her next delivery in Maryland
Uber Eatsdriver won a $250,000 jackpot prize between trips, according to the Maryland Lottery.
- The winner discovered her fortune while sitting in her car, CNN reported on Sunday.
- She plans to use the winnings to settle some bills and put a downpayment on a house.
According to CNN, who reported the story on Sunday, the winner - dubbed "Grateful Mom" for the purpose of anonymity - was sitting in her car waiting for her next job when she scratched off the winning ticket.
She told the Maryland Lottery that her Uber Eats app alerted her to the next job within seconds but she immediately said to herself: "I don't want to do Uber Eats right now!"
She added: "Man, I was sitting in that car going crazy!"
The 47-year-old hit the jackpot through a single play of the "CASH" scratch-off game.
"Grateful Mom" is a regular scratch-off ticket player but usually limits her purchases.
She purchased the ticket from a Quick Save Mart, located at 524 Defense Highway in Annapolis and used the Maryland Lottery app on her phone to see remaining tickets with top prizes.
That's when the $10 "CASH" game caught her eye. After purchasing a ticket, she returned to her car and learned she'd won the top prize shortly afterwards.
"Grateful Mom" intends to use her winnings to settle some bills, provide some financial support to her kids, and put a downpayment on a house.
- Best floodlights for outdoors in India
- CCI approves HDFC Bank's acquisition of 4.99% stake in HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- Best front lights for bicycles in India
- Best document scanners for office and home use in India
- BCCI announces two new IPL teams — Check out the owners of Lucknow and Ahmedabad franchises