Android 12 beta breaks records — Google’s most downloaded beta version ever
- Google’s VP of engineering says
Android 12has seen record-breaking installs.
- He revealed the news in a tweet but didn’t share the numbers.
- Android 12 beta brings major design and privacy updates.
The higher number of downloads reflects the hype and interest around the Android 12, which has got a major design overhaul and privacy enhancements. However, neither Burke nor the company has shared how many users have installed the new beta.
Android 12's beta is by far our most downloaded/installed beta ever. Speaking of which, Beta 2 is available today: https://t.co/VR8CtXKWkZ— Dave Burke (@davey_burke) 1623268161000
Android 12 was showcased recently during the
Some other user interface (UI) tweaks like new animations and transitions have also been found in the new beta, which further enhances the user experience visually.
The second beta is now available to download on some devices. If you're looking to download it on your phone, here's how to do it. But do note that beta versions are unfinished built, which means it might come with some bugs, and it is advised to download it on a secondary phone.
Online entertainment ticket booking platform BookMyShow lays off 200 employees amid pandemic woes
OnePlus Nord CE 5G, TV U1S launched in India – price, specifications and availability
China’s crypto crackdown grows, with 1100 people behind bars for money laundering
Popular on BI
- US will give runway rights at NJ airport to a budget airline
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee