Android 12 beta breaks records — Google’s most downloaded beta version ever
- Google’s VP of engineering says
Android 12has seen record-breaking installs.
- He revealed the news in a tweet but didn’t share the numbers.
- Android 12 beta brings major design and privacy updates.
AdvertisementGoogle's vice president (VP) of engineering, Dave Burke, revealed that the Android 12 beta version is breaking previous download records. Burke tweeted that the Android 12 beta was the company's "most downloaded/installed beta ever".
The higher number of downloads reflects the hype and interest around the Android 12, which has got a major design overhaul and privacy enhancements. However, neither Burke nor the company has shared how many users have installed the new beta.
Android 12's beta is by far our most downloaded/installed beta ever. Speaking of which, Beta 2 is available today: https://t.co/VR8CtXKWkZ— Dave Burke (@davey_burke) 1623268161000
Android 12 was showcased recently during the
Some other user interface (UI) tweaks like new animations and transitions have also been found in the new beta, which further enhances the user experience visually.
The second beta is now available to download on some devices. If you're looking to download it on your phone, here's how to do it. But do note that beta versions are unfinished built, which means it might come with some bugs, and it is advised to download it on a secondary phone.
Online entertainment ticket booking platform BookMyShow lays off 200 employees amid pandemic woes
OnePlus Nord CE 5G, TV U1S launched in India – price, specifications and availability
China’s crypto crackdown grows, with 1100 people behind bars for money laundering
Popular on BI
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- New Airtel and Reliance Jio prepaid plans compared
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared