Cheaper AirPods could be on the way — Apple reportedly working on a toned down pair of earbuds
- According to reports Apple is working on a more affordable pair of AirPods.
- Apple currently offers four different variants of AirPods.
- It is rumored that the ‘Lite’ variant of the AirPods will compete against the affordable pair of truly wireless earbuds.
AdvertisementApple is reportedly planning to introduce a cheaper variant of its popular AirPods truly wireless earbuds. The move is said to capture the budding affordable wireless earbuds category as Apple’s cheapest option currently starts at ₹14,900, which is priced fairly higher than the competition from the likes of Samsung, Sony, Oppo and others.
While hailed for their audio quality and accessibility thanks to the Apple ecosystem, these products aren’t exactly cheap. This might change soon, since Apple is reportedly working on
Apple introduced the first pair of AirPods back in 2017, and since then we have seen multiple generations of the product. Currently Apple offers four different iterations of Airpods—the AirPods 2nd gen, the newly introduced 3rd gen, AirPods Pro 2 and the over-ear AirPods Max.
AirPods Lite - What we know so far?
According to analyst Jeff Pu, Apple is working on Airpods Lite to compete with lower priced products to compete with non-Apple products. However, so far it’s not clear what the specifications of the product will be.
While the Airpods are very successful, Jeff Pu claims according to his industry sources that the demand for the accessory is set to drop in 2023. More specifically, the shipment of AirPods are expected to drop from 73 million in 2022 to 63 million in 2023. This can be attributed to “soft demand” for the AirPods 3 and Apple may not release new AirPods this year.
Given the reason for development and reports we can assume that the AirPods lite might be priced lower than the AirPods Gen 2. Or, Apple might reduce the price for AirPods Gen 2 even further to attract more customers.
Also see -
Series creators want more money after ads appear on Netflix
Best video editing app for Android
Popular on BI
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments