The Big 4 tech companies — Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google, worth $5 trillion combined — just crushed their earnings reports
- Apple, Alphabet,
- These four, along with Microsoft, are the five most-valuable publicly traded companies on the S&P 500.
- These earnings reports come one day after the CEOs of
Apple, Alphabet, Amazon, and Facebook testified before the House Judiciary's antitrust subcommittee over possible anticompetitive behavior.
- All four tech companies reported better-than-expected earnings.
Facebook beat Wall Street estimates for daily active users and reported double-digit revenue growth year-over-year, sending its stock soaring 8% in after-hours trading.
Here are the key numbers, as well as Wall Street estimates, via Bloomberg:
- Revenue: $18.69 billion, up 11% year-on-year ($17.31 billion expected)
- Earnings Per Share (EPS) GAAP: $1.80 ($1.39 expected)
- Daily Active Facebook Users: 1.79 billion, up 12% year-on-year (1.74 billion expected)
- Monthly Active Facebook Users: 2.7 billion, up 12% year-on-year (2.63 billion expected)
blew past Wall Street estimates, with $88.9 billion in sales last quarter, but fell short on growth with Amazon Web Services. Amazon stock was up by as much as 6% in after-hours trading.
- EPS (GAAP): $10.30 versus expectations of $1.50 per share
- Revenue: $88.9 billion versus expectations of $81.24 billion
- AWS: $10.81 billion versus expectations of $11.01 billion
—Eugene Kimexceeded Wall Street estimates for its fiscal third quarter. Apple's stock was up 5% and passed $400 per share for the first time in after-hours trading.
- Q3 revenue: $59.7 billion. Analysts were expecting $52.3 billion. In the same quarter one year ago, Apple posted revenue of $53.8 billion.
- Q3 earnings per share (GAAP): $2.58. Analysts were looking for $2.07. In its third-quarter of 2019, Apple earned $2.18 a share.
- iPhone revenue: $26.4 billion, up 1.7% from $25.9 billion in its fiscal third-quarter 2019.
- Services revenue: $13.1 billion. Apple's revenue segment generated $11.5 billion in the same period last year.
- Wearables revenue: $6.4 billion. Apple posted $5.5 billion in revenue for its wearables business in last year's third quarter.
- Revenue: $31.6 billion (minus traffic acquisition costs), vs expectation of $30.5 billion.
- EPS (GAAP): $10.13, vs expectation of $8.27.
- Net Income: $6.96 billion.
- Google Cloud revenue: $3.01 billion.
- YouTube ad revenue: $3.81 billion.
- Top stock movers — RIL, TCS, Sterling and Wilson Solar, Tata Steel, Airtel, Vodafone Idea and more
- Narendra Modi, Ayushmann Khurrana, and Ravindra Gupta are the Indians on the TIME’s 100 most influential people of 2020
- Bilkis – the ‘dadi from Shaheen Bagh’ is now one of the world’s most influential people
- Strategy behind Britannia Cheese’s 300% growth in online sales between April and August 2020
- Facebook India Head goes to Supreme Court against Delhi Assembly Panel's summons on 'hate speech'