Apple customers can buy or rent movies on Amazon Prime Video app
Earlier, customers using the Prime Video app from an iOS device or
Now, Prime Video users can make the purchase directly through the app instead.
When users log in to the Prime Video app, there should be a message reading, "Browse, rent, or buy new release movies, popular TV shows, and more now within the app."
"Apple has an established program for premium subscription video entertainment providers to offer a variety of customer benefits including integration with the Apple TV app, AirPlay 2 support, tvOS apps, universal search, Siri support and, where applicable, single or zero sign-on," reports The Verge.
The move applies currently to Amazon Prime users in the US, the UK and Germany.
AdvertisementApple typically charges a 30 per cent commission for in-app purchases on its iOS and requires those apps to use Apple's payment system, but allowing Amazon to use its own payment system means it will avoid this charge.
- Best screwdrivers for your tool drawer
- Mumbai local railways ready to open suburban trains for all commuters
- Andhra Pradesh government allows schools and colleges to reopen from November 2
- Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France
- Maruti’s revenue rises 10% as car sales increase but high commodity prices dampen profit