Apple customers can buy or rent movies on Amazon Prime Video app
Earlier, customers using the Prime Video app from an iOS device or
Now, Prime Video users can make the purchase directly through the app instead.
When users log in to the Prime Video app, there should be a message reading, "Browse, rent, or buy new release movies, popular TV shows, and more now within the app."
"Apple has an established program for premium subscription video entertainment providers to offer a variety of customer benefits including integration with the Apple TV app, AirPlay 2 support, tvOS apps, universal search, Siri support and, where applicable, single or zero sign-on," reports The Verge.
The move applies currently to Amazon Prime users in the US, the UK and Germany.
Apple typically charges a 30 per cent commission for in-app purchases on its iOS and requires those apps to use Apple's payment system, but allowing Amazon to use its own payment system means it will avoid this charge.
Popular on BI
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- DOJ officials were alarmed by surveillance footage of the Mar-a-Lago room where classified info was being stored, report says
- Meet Judge Bruce Reinhart the magistrate who approved the FBI search warrant into Trump's Mar-a-Lago home receiving threats from MAGA supporters
- Why the melting of the Arctic ice matters to India?
- The economics behind Reliance Jio’s operations
- Akshay Kumar-led 'Cuttputlli' sets September 2 premiere on Disney+ Hotstar
- Best anti-dandruff shampoos to buy in India
- India’s first electric double-decker bus launched in Mumbai; to Foster Sustainability in Transport Sector