Apple customers can buy or rent movies on Amazon Prime Video app
Earlier, customers using the Prime Video app from an iOS device or
Now, Prime Video users can make the purchase directly through the app instead.
When users log in to the Prime Video app, there should be a message reading, "Browse, rent, or buy new release movies, popular TV shows, and more now within the app."
"Apple has an established program for premium subscription video entertainment providers to offer a variety of customer benefits including integration with the Apple TV app, AirPlay 2 support, tvOS apps, universal search, Siri support and, where applicable, single or zero sign-on," reports The Verge.
The move applies currently to Amazon Prime users in the US, the UK and Germany.
AdvertisementApple typically charges a 30 per cent commission for in-app purchases on its iOS and requires those apps to use Apple's payment system, but allowing Amazon to use its own payment system means it will avoid this charge.
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Spotify set to overtake Apple Podcasts by the end of this year: eMarketer
- Bitcoin scammers used Apple's iPhone 13 reveal to steal $69,000 from fans
- Mirror, mirror on the wall; when will you stop judging us all: asks Taapsee Pannu in her latest ad with SUGAR Cosmetics
- This Indian chef says he is making his entire month's salary from one Instagram video but for him it’s just a tool
- Evergrande’s impact on Bitcoin highlights how cryptocurrencies still have growing pains