Apple is reportedly designing a new series of Mac chips to outperform Intel's best, including a 32-core processor for a half-size Mac Pro
Appleis already designing a new series of Macprocessors, sources close to the matter told Bloomberg.
- The news comes just a month after Apple launched its M1
- The first new processor could be launched as early as the spring, the report said.
- The tech giant is designing the new chips to outperform Intel's best, the report said. Apple wants to transition from
Intelchips by 2022.
- Apple is testing a variety of new chips for various Mac devices, including a chip with up to 32 power cores that it will use for a new half-sized Mac Pro, slated for release in 2022, the sources said.
Apple is making a new series of Mac processors designed to be faster than Intel's best, Bloomberg reported Monday, citing sources close to the matter.The first of the new chips could be launched as early as spring 2021, the report said.
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Midnight Black 2GB RAM 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
It would mark a key milestone in Apple's move away from Intel, which has traditionally supplied the processors for Apple Macs. Apple expects to stop using Intel components by mid-2022.Less than 10% of Intel's revenue comes from supplying Mac chips, but the rest of its business could be threatened if Apple is able to make chips that perform better.
which the company deployed in its new MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini, uses four high-performance processing cores alongside four power-saving cores, while Apple's most expensive Mac Pro desktop uses an Intel chip with as many as 28 cores. For its upcoming chip for
But before this version is released, Apple may launch other chips that are mid-way between the two versions, with eight or 12 power cores, they said, depending on how the manufacturing process goes.
The company is also testing a chip using as many as 32 power cores that would power higher-end desktop computers and a new half-sized Mac Pro, slated for 2022.It is also developing graphics processors that would be several times faster than the Nvidia and AMD processors Apple currently uses in its Intel-powered hardware, the sources said.
Apple didn't immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
- Best all-in-one printers in India in 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lovlina Borgohain assures a boxing medal for India by entering semifinals
- Clear(Tax) has planned major acquisitions and hiring for this year, in talks with investors to raise funds
- Tokyo Olympics: India's Deepika Kumari reaches quarterfinals in women's archery
- Friendship Day 2021: Here are a few Indian movies that celebrated friendship