Apple may bring OLED to nine new devices by 2027: Report
The news was first reported by Taiwan's ET News. While the iPad Air will keep its 10.9-inch display, the iPad mini's screen will expand from 8.3 to 8.7 inches.
Apple will introduce OLED display technology to the rumoured 12.9-inch iPad Air model in 2027, which is expected to debut with an
The use of a colour filter may also allow Apple to implement under-display camera technology for the first time on the iPad, according to the report. In addition, the report said that Apple is rumoured to bring OLED to the 16-inch
In 2026, the 13-and 15-inch MacBook Air models will also switch from LCD to OLED. Meanwhile, Apple has announced to support the RCS (Rich Communication Services) messaging standard on iPhones, used by most Android devices, in later 2024.
In a statement to 9to5Mac, the tech giant said that RCS will offer better interoperability for cross-platform messages.
Popular on BI
- RBI expected to hold rates for the 5th time in a row, no cuts likely before Q2FY25
- IBM, Meta launch AI Alliance to build open, responsible AI
- Have no fear in saying 'I'm on medication': Karan Johar on his battle with anxiety
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane vs Ola S1 Air – price, range and features compared
- Global crypto market hits $1.5 trillion as panic buying fuels Bitcoin price