Apple may have snuck a peek at a new, notchless iPhone in the latest episode of 'Ted Lasso'
- Apple's upcoming iPhone 13 may have appeared in the latest episode of "Ted Lasso."
- It appears to lack a front-screen notch. The iPhone 13 is expected to have one, but much smaller.
- A notchless iPhone would mark a major milestone for Apple.
Apple TV's hit show "Ted Lasso" may have had its most high-profile cameo yet.
In the latest episode of the series, "The Signal," Apple's upcoming iPhone 13 may have made an appearance - without a front-screen notch. The standard multicolor wallpaper on Apple's operating system is seen. There's also as a view of the backside of the phone and the three-lens-camera setup in a separate shot.
Some Apple fans have long bemoaned the smartphone notch, which houses the front camera on the device, and critics say it takes up too much room on the screen.
The device could have merely been a prop in the show, engineered to appear as a notchless iPhone. Producers also could have used CGI in the scene, as Gizmodo said.
But others have speculated that it could be a preview of Apple's new smartphone model - which, CNET reported, the company could debut sometime in September.
-Paul Bailey , ️+ (@paulofthebailey) August 28, 2021
Apple's next-generation smartphone was already expected to have a much smaller notch than its iPhone 12 predecessor, but if the company were to get rid of it completely, that would mark a major milestone in the company's history. The camera could be housed in some sort of sensor beneath the screen, as SlashGear said.
Apple's products, in general, have commonly cropped up in the show. Earlier in that same episode, Ted Lasso takes a call from what looks like an iPhone, identifiable by the three-lens-camera setup on the backside of the phone.
Apple did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip